Eliminating electrical interference between devices?

KashB

Hi everyone,

Do you guys have any tips on eliminating electrical interference between devices?

I'm using a Zgemma h5.2tc with a vm line, I wanted to send the signal upstairs kind of like I used to do with my old sky box and the magic eye. After searching the forums here, I purchased a hdmi over Cat6 sender/receiver. On first setup it worked albeit terribly (bad picture and sound). I spent all of last weekend wiring my devices with shielded Cat6 cable and shielded Cat6 wall plates and the picture and sound is now almost crystal clear.

However.... Every now and then my channels on the Zgemma are either freezing, glitching or stalling. I imagine this is due to the hdmi receiver and interference since my bluetooth soundbar was also crackling when not in use and I had to remove it.

Is there anything I can do to try and stop this? I'm using cheapish unbranded hdmi cables from Amazon. Do shielded ones exist?

Apologies for the long post and thanks again for all your help.

Edit: The glitching is on both tvs.

KashB

Freezing, glitching , stalling on BOTH TVs is more likely a line issue.

I don't think it is in this case, as ''most'' (a lot) of the freezing seems to dissappear when I disconnect the HDMI/Cat6 receiver but still occurs on some paid channels. With the HDMI/Cat6 device plugged in, it glitches/freezes on almost every channel including FTA every few minutes. I have however cancelled my TV services with VM recently and moved to broadband only and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it since disconnecting the HDMI/Cat6 device doesn't eliminate all the glitching/freezing. I've had a browse on the forum and I think I should check my downstream/upstream levels from the router? I'm not home at the moment but I guess I'll try that next and then contact my provider if that isn't the issue.

Thanks for your help

Back