Enigma 2 Channels Freezing

jlg1

Hi everyone...

Been checking out the forum for a while got 2 x zgemma boxes installed in Sept.

But been having problems with channels freezing sometimes for more than 5 mins.

Ive Sky Fibre BB speeds of over 25 mb coming in.

Contacted the guys that installed the boxes - did a ping test and said theres 99% coming from their server/s..

Coming out to check boxes next week but I cant understand why they keep doing this. He told me to reboot boxes everyday - is this necessary...? running Openvix...

Ive rebooted updated autobouquets epg etc...still does this - really annoying when in the middle of a film or something.

Seems to be more on Comedy Central and Sky sports, movie channels...

Anyone any ideas - I have been reading that it could be over subscription on the server but according to Sat guys there shouldnt be a problem...

Even tried checking the connection to box seems fine...?

Any help really appreciated...

Cheers

J

you should not need to turn your box off every night just put it in standby. how is your box connected to the net? I don't care what people say these sat boxes do not work well on wifi.

i agree with Mike they should be hard wired with a Ethernet cable, wifi is a no no. Check your snr too, needs to be 65% or more in the uk as we get a lot of cloud cover.

i agree with Mike they should be hard wired with a Ethernet cable, wifi is a no no. Check your snr too, needs to be 65% or more in the uk as we get a lot of cloud cover.

Thanks a lot guys for the replies...Forgot to say its hard wired with ethernet cable and I use homeplugs around the house so should be great connection to box yet it still does it...?

Sorry bit new to these boxes whats the "snr" to check...?

Cheers

James

you should check your signal strengths as you could have a dodgy lnb or your dish may of moved slightly

Sorry just found it - SNR is 87% AGC is 98% and BER is 0%

I had also checked the LNB connections and left more of the inner wire protruding into the connection after reading a post from the forum years ago but no luck with it...?

Last edited:
Not sure which server it is they use - to be honest when the guy installed the boxes...he never told us enough about them etc.. not good sales service to be honest and now Ive waited 2 weeks on him coming to see why both boxes are freezing...?

That's the issue with resellers if you setup yourself and found a server you wouldn't be waiting for weeks on end.
Resellers don't really have a clue

There's another big cheap server out there having problems just now but no line changes needed as yet. Fingers crossed. It's my backup line and had enough hassles with my main one last few days lol ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

That's the issue with resellers if you setup yourself and found a server you wouldn't be waiting for weeks on end.
Resellers don't really have a clue

Im beginning to think he doesn't have a clue as hes said this is very strange that its freezing yet my friend used the same guy and apparently his is freezing too - last night movies went down completely for 10 mins - is a softcam restart (again guy didnt explain what this even was) the quickest way to get things back up and running if TV goes down...? Im basically learning as I go along with this - if I could rig up a more reliable server I think I might try it at some stage...:0

This was supposed to be hassle free yet its been nothing but hassle from I got it in - suppsoe on the other hand its £100 renewal for a year in the summer compared to paying £30+ to sky every month...

If you have a seperate line on each box id say its ok but the likely hood is you have 1 line serving 2 boxes so too dear.

minse £60 a year and he doesn't allow multi room so i had to pay for another one but with the issues with other lines im happy to pay that

Back