epg acting weird on cable

pabloescaban

VIP Member
using Grogbuild for H2h and have rytec enabled epg in the usual way

some kids channels are showing Indian / Pakistani titles - the programmes are kids programmes but the titles are wrong, likewise the Asian channels appear to showing Peppa pig and The Thundermans.

I've just put film1+1 on and the film is in the epg as \*Crocodile Dundee\*

is anyone else seeing this?

Film4+1 is showing the same \"Crocadile\" Dundee II but the kids bouquet is showing correctly. That's on both my H2H and Vu+

Have you tried a manual download of the epg, epgImporter -> yellow button.

not near TV just now, will try it later.
Nickelodeon HD is the main culprit for having Indian titles in the epg, most of the others appear ok...CBBC HD is another from memory

just checked Nick HD. the program on at the moment apparently is 'Tere Naam', at 10 is 'Instant Mom' and then it's iCarly.

Nickelodeon is saying Victorious is on at the momeny and then the rest show the same as Nick HD, so it looks like there must have been a cock up somewhere which appears to be correct tonight

just checked Nick HD. the program on at the moment apparently is 'Tere Naam', at 10 is 'Instant Mom' and then it's iCarly.

Nickelodeon is saying Victorious is on at the momeny and then the rest show the same as Nick HD, so it looks like there must have been a cock up somewhere which appears to be correct tonight

Nick HD is showing instant mum then a few episodes of icarly later...following these is India's Next superstars, followed by ishqbaaaz...later on is har shaka pe ullu baithaa hal and then meri durga and so on.
CBBC Hd is showing the golden petal awards 2017 from Mumbai, and later is Dil Ki Pukar

these are the same programmes scheduled for Star plus and Rishtey Europe

this is after following the epg importer advice above, no idea why it's like this but it's been like this for months, the Asian channels have gone back to normal now but they were swapped over for a long while

Before running Epg Importer try deleting epg data. Menu, setup, epg, Load/Save/Delete choose delete then run EPG Importer.

Failing that it maybe rytec source issue and could be fixed at some point. I just use EPG Refresh as it absorbs the data from Cable feeds but sometimes it still wrong and deleting EPG and running refresh normally works.

doing it now....and it's the same :(
it's not a big issue really....Nick HD still showing Indias next superstars followed by loads of unpronounceable Indian dramas
CBBC HD is the same
Cbeebies HD is alledgedly showing American Dad and Family guy all night although Cbeebies is 'off air'

I've just checked mine and NickHD is indeed showing info for indian channels, as is CBBC HD. Maybe source issue on epgImporter, will take a look later

I've got kids bouquet hidden as lucky enough not to need it anymore! However would using epg refresh or setting a timer for the vm previews solve the issue, just a thought.

edit, sorry just noticed Dsayers mentioned it

I've just checked on my other box and it's the same. I then uninstalled epgimport, deleted the /etc/epgimport folder on the box and reinstalled the plugin and done a scan and it's still the same.

I then went in and deleted the EPG.dat file and downloaded epg again and still have indian program info for CCBC HD and Nick HD.

just left box on preview channel to see if it fixes it, we will see

oops forgot, not got epg refresh installed, will try that later. I think it's just a rytec error that will fix itself

Back