Epg data imports but not showing in epg guide for all channels

Hello i have a zgemma star 2s which is running openpli version 6.2 all channels are working very well, but for some weird reason the epg data for the channels isnt showing. Everything is updated to the latest version and the data is imported through the plugin. Ive restarted the box still no epg data in the guide. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this ?
Thanks in advance.

Depending on your menu press menu/setup/cross epg/configure/storage device and select your drive. Or menu/setup/epg/settings/epg location and select your drive.

no option for epg in menu in openpli. there is no epg.dat file anywhere that is saved apparently on the advice from the openpli forum its only used to overwrite an existing file but theres no file already there this is idiotic.

I tried installing wooshbuild and ipabtv on this box and its no chance of running either instantly crashes but openpli works perfectly. The epg is the only issue it even runs iptv player and vod. But ive noticed a lot of plugins are removed theres no option to initialize a storage device, but it detects when you plugin in a memory stick. I dont think its saving the data for the epg thats the issue. Its importing perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar problem here on my Vu using my own build and EPG Importer. EPG either downloads less than 2000 events or doesn't download at all. No problems on non E2 devices.

it downloads 16000 events but i cant find where its saving any epg data i think that has to be the issue ive even put a 16gyg memory stick in the back doesnt give me an option to save to the usb. But iptv works flawlessy on the box. With wooshbuild and ipab it gives me the option to save to usb but the box crashes almost straight away its an old box. Just happy ive got the box working on openpli.

Can you change iptv type's? Maybe pli has issues with :5002 try :4097 or :1

Also have you checked both GraphicalEPG EPG button and channel section TV button?

Thanks Dsayers ill edit the config code, ill check both interfaces too i have noticed Openpli is quite basic but it is good. I did go on the openpli forum it mentioned that it may be necessary to create your own epg.xml file which ive never done. Unless its some compatibility issue with suls plugin which uses the epg import plugin, its grabbing the data but its not showing in the guide maybe some issue over converting? Its doing this with all subs too i ve tried 3 others all the same they import but no data in epg guide. Ive enabled multi epg option couldnt find any tv option and ive changed the skin, Thats all i could find just restarting box. i also changed to 4097 previous channel loaded up perfectly after restart. Epg menu loads up but again no channel listings not to worry.

Last edited:
Star 2 s will struggle a bit now, I used of them from the satellite days and they were a good box but I think h2s and above is what you need ideally for IPTV or better.I have found Open ATV is one of the best images and it will run on a 2s but you need to get rid of all unused programs ,cams,skins etc before it will run well. I did try open pli but found atv to be much better and there are a lot of good builds done by the guys on here and they seem to use open atv.

Do you not have to initialise usb to be seen?box may need a reboot to change epg from internal flash to usb?

Back