1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

epg for cable

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by grahamer67, May 10, 2018.

1. grahamer67

grahamer67 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {maintenance
    belfast
    Does anyone know of a good way of getting a decent epg service for cable using a zgemma box

2. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {builder
    press menu>setup>epg>epg import config
    press blue
    choose Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XML TV

3. grahamer67

Male
    {maintenance
    belfast
    Put that one on before and i then had problems with my hdd recordable device, it wouldnt record any more and it gave me the message NO SPACE LEFT ON DEVICE , i knew there was still plenty, its 1TB and not a lot of content on it. I spent a few days trying to fix it ,but ended up saving a few of the recordings onto a laptop, then initialising the device again, then putting the recordings back on, i know i probaly have done something wrong in the first place, when installing the epg, but i couldnt figure out what, thanks pablo.

4. pabloescaban

Male
    {builder
    if you remove the usb you use for recording, then download the epg to the box, then put the usb drive back in.
    it sounds like you are putting the epg on the usb for some reason

rs500nutter and grahamer67 like this.
  5. grahamer67

Male
    {maintenance
    belfast
    Well you have probaly just hit the nail on the head pablo, i hadnt even thought of that, i will give it a go, thanks.

6. grahamer67

Male
    {maintenance
    belfast
    Once again Pablo, you were spot on again, i wish i had of asked you last week, ah well all part of the learning process i suppose, cheers.

rs500nutter and pabloescaban like this.
  7. Spiller7

Spiller7 Registered

Male
    hi
    Can someone pls confirm the number of events they receive when they perform an EPG import - I’m getting around 90k events is this about right?
    There’s quite a few channels that don’t appear to have epg so just want to check?
    Thanks

8. pabloescaban

Male
    {builder
    you won't get epg for discontinued channels, motorsport.tv seems to have been dropped recently, also Disney XD+1

9. linesman66

linesman66 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

It depends on how you set your s.t.b
    Going through the se up process if
    You selected free sat only then the
    E.p.g importer will not cover all channels If the e.p.g guide works for
    V.od which depends on your provider
    it could load up to 130k

10. Zbh

Zbh Registered

Male
    Hi my friend has h5 2tc box. He has epg problem. I could not see any source of cable and sat epg. I pressed yellow button for source and bott sources were not there. Any idea what happened
    Thanks

11. pabloescaban

Male
    {builder
    in epg importer, you need to press blue button for epg sources, choose rytec sky/virgin xmltv
    then exit once
    then press yellow to download the epg

12. Zbh

Zbh Registered

Male
    Hi i did but there is not any aption rytec sly and vmto select. It is disappeared. Any help plz thanks

13. the boffin

the boffin Registered

Leave your box on vigin events in setup epg enable virgin epg i set a timer to zap to virgin at 2.00am it the populates the epg job done
    No need for epg refresh rytec or anything else. Using h2h Atv 6.1 6.2 will work also