EPG help needed

bravehart

Hi guys, my epg has been working sweet for last week but I'm now missing info for programmes for tonight and onwards and all its showing now is the fta channels I thought I had it all set up so not sure why it's not updating channels now as it's set to update once a day ..

Last edited:
Yeah done that mate done al that , it's just not updating for some reason..

Hi could be a glitch with your usb device..if you dont have anything on it to save format usb flash drive to fat32 on your computer or initialize device in storage settings then try update again..

I have xmltv and xepgdb providers off
Have a few things on hard drive that need to watch then might have try to install again ..

I have xmltv and xepgdb providers off
Have a few things on hard drive that need to watch then might have try to install again ..

Hi if your using crossepg as a plugin try removing this and reinstalling but remember to reconfiger it..see if that helps..have you selected "sky open 28.2E" in the settings as your download..if your n the UK that is...

You could try to delete and recreate the EPG.dat file from the HDD before doing a full format on it:

open a telnet session session to your box via IP.
Login with user 'root' and blank password.
type # init 4 (return) and the box will freeze and screen turn black.
FTP into the box, delete the EPG.dat file from the HDD
back in the telnet session type # init 3 (return) and the box will start up again
Go into Setup - CrossEPG and download now to get a fresh EPG.dat

You could try to delete and recreate the EPG.dat file from the HDD before doing a full format on it:

open a telnet session session to your box via IP.
Login with user 'root' and blank password.
type # init 4 (return) and the box will freeze and screen turn black.
FTP into the box, delete the EPG.dat file from the HDD
back in the telnet session type # init 3 (return) and the box will start up again
Go into Setup - CrossEPG and download now to get a fresh EPG.dat

that's the best idea i have had to do this on a few occations and never even thought of it.....or if your not ofay just ftp into box and delete dat file on storage that way and download again..

---------- Post Merged at 09:05 PM ----------

Running vix

Okay do what boobishabang said delete the dat/epg data file only that one though...

I reckon it must have just updated just the once a week ago hence why I have been okay till now, which means my nightly updates have been failing for some reason ..

I reckon it must have just updated just the once a week ago hence why I have been okay till now, which means my nightly updates have been failing for some reason ..

yes you have to set this up in the settings and it wont update when the box is in standby box has to be on...as it uses your tuner to update.

yes you have to set this up in the settings and it wont update when the box is in standby box has to be on...as it uses your tuner to update.
Is that so? I assumed it updated while in standby, along with ABM too

you could be right it should wake the box and do the update but on some occasions it wont convert and load epg data.
if all else fails try selecting "force epg" reboot option in the settings

Last edited:
my boxes are in standby and epg updates,if i have a problem i format my usb as its better there than hdd,reset up usb and ext3-4.i only use cross epg and select 28.2 to download daily as also my abm on vix

Back