EPG Importer and IPTV

Hi All
Got a question im hoping you guys can answer please (i have asked my provider and waiting a reply) running WB6 and have just got myself an IPTV subscription the last few days so still getting my head around the differences etc.
my question is when you first import all the events through "EPG Importer" the first configuration screen has settings to re-import the events daily and a time you set etc, now the default screen when you first come into is the re-import section is disabled so wont automatically re-import the events, the video tutorial from the provider doesnt tell you to change these settings from the default disabled but you can see in his video that his is turned on to re-import every morning at 06.00.
So should i change the settings so this re-imports daily or does this not need to happen...???...

to note i tried the setting to re-import at 04.00 this morning and when i got up and checked it was stuck importing the events at about 68 thousand when its normally 192 thousand.

Many Thanks
Rich

how do you use epg importer is there a video i tried it to get the epg after it scans channel epg still blank? using this would it give me epg for the uk channels i haven't coveted yet with e-channelizer

how do you use epg importer is there a video i tried it to get the epg after it scans channel epg still blank? using this would it give me epg for the uk channels i haven't coveted yet with e-channelizer
My subscription was sent as a script which runs thro Epg Importer and it intergrates all the IPTV channels as the same look as my EPG.

The first setting in EPG import is automatic import EPG.
Set that to enable and you can then set your time to import.
I have mine set to 7am in EPG import for usa/can and foreign IPTV then I use crossepg to import the standard sky channels / IPTV sky channels

The first setting in EPG import is automatic import EPG.
Set that to enable and you can then set your time to import.
I have mine set to 7am in EPG import for usa/can and foreign IPTV then I use crossepg to import the standard sky channels / IPTV sky channels
Thanks, yeah have tried this automatically daily now for 2 days and like i said in the first post it has got stuck less than half way through just saying"trying to import" and then it seems i have to restart the box and do it manually..??
Thanks

My subscription was sent as a script which runs thro Epg Importer and it intergrates all the IPTV channels as the same look as my EPG.

Is the script the m3u text could u pm a example or more info I got a line of text that I turn into a. M3u file

I have been using e channelizer was informed to use that to convert channels

This is a really interesting thread.
With a lot of people probably going over to ipTV and using wooshbuild any help on setting this up as detailed in previous posts on this thread i think would be most appreciated.

Its not so easy to do a general guide as each provider is different.
Some provide a script that installs all the bouquets and EPG sources all ready for you.
Some use xtreamtv.
Some give you a m3u file which you will need to turn into a bouquet and then edit to get the EPG info.

Its not so easy to do a general guide as each provider is different.
Some provide a script that installs all the bouquets and EPG sources all ready for you.
Some use xtreamtv.
Some give you a m3u file which you will need to turn into a bouquet and then edit to get the EPG info.
Can I use epgimport using a m3u file?

I imported my iptv broquet using e channelizer via a m3u file but can't seem to get epgimport to read the epg broquet

EPG import don't read the bouquet. As long as you have the correct service info for each channel in the bouquet the epg will show up. All epg import does is download the epg information

Easiest method for my money is to use a provider that supplies scripts as the first option in djgarfs post, quote :-
"Some provide a script that installs all the bouquets and EPG sources all ready for you"

I asked that in a thread I started about a list of channel reference codes database
Wondering how it worked

Never had an answer
So the time zone can be corrected

Don't think you would ever be able to get a perfect USA epg as sometimes channel sources change so one day it could be correct and the next 2 hours out.
I have watched some random bits of USA stuff on my IPTV but the amount of adverts is just crazy. Sometimes it feels like you watch more adverts than you do programs

I'm using ipab and have an iptv sub that I'm trying out. The epg is non existent. Any ideas how I can get a working epg? Is it possible to get an epg and bouquet to look like the sly one? When I'm not home the kids have no idea how to find the kids channels ...... thanks

Back