EPG issue

No problem mate. You cannot format a single partition as FAT32 if it is more than 32GB, which i assume your external hard drive is.

Glad you got it sorted :)

My external hard drive is 500GB in NTFS & I record on it. However if I want to use the 7 day EPG I need a FAT formatted device. As I want to record AND use the 7 day EPG it looks like I need to buy a USB stick with a large memory capacity.

Look at my earlier post HP do a programme which you down load to computer which will do your drive I think it's called HP formatting tool at work at moment will pm you a link laterp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my external 250GB NTFS formatted drive for recording and for the 7 day EPG with no problems.

I think that sometimes the files get corrupted (using both a FAT32 memory stick or the NTFS external drive), as I've had to delete the 2 files (21.fci and 21.fpg) to get them working again a couple of times in the past.

There's no problem with recording long programmes on a FAT32 formatted device, as the recording is recorded in 1GB sections.

Kremmen, if you use a V8S, can you outline how you managed to get the 7 day EPG to work on NTFS external drive, please?

Thanks Tich & Kremmen for your time.

I now have the 7 day EPG on a NTFS formatted external drive,

This is what I did;
I connected my external drive directly to my PC
Then found and deleted files 21.fci & 21.fpg
Then returned to 'EPG and Time Setting' in Openbox
Changed EPG Default Setting to XMLTV
Then scrolled down to and entered 'XMLTV Setting'
Pressed the RED update button
Hey Presto!

Yep. That's what I did Wmitty. Every now & again the EPG fails to load. Deleting those 2 files gets it going again.

Hi Kremmen, how did you know it was these two files? - just curious.

Those are the only 2 files that are created when you download the EPG.

I'm assuming that the files cannot be updated or overwritten for some reason, but works fine when they are created again from scratch.

It might just be down to 1 of the 2 files, but I haven't experimented with that, I just delete both.

Hi Wmitty i have a my passport 500gb external hard drive formatted to Fat32 plugged in my skybox f5s and have no trouble with recordings. As stated you will need a different programme to format it. good luck

Last edited:
hi
did not want to start a new thread but also need help on epg
just bought a openbox v8s formatted usb to fat 32 did what was on the posts and comes up with failed all the time
any help appreciated

forget that post dont know how to delete it
might help if i plugged the router in it now works fine
:whistling:

Last edited:
@ stretcheroo2

An earlier post in this thread stated that you wouldn't want to keep files or photos on a FAT formatted drive. I don't know why or if you do ... but am pssing it on just in case.

My EPG is not working at the moment.. Won't install with the above error.. I've tried various memory devices to no avail

My XMLTV EPG is working as normal - not gloating just saying

---------- Post Merged at 11:45 PM ----------

I may not have fully understood the question. My XMLTV EPG stops tomorrow Thursday

Seems to be a problem when you update tried several boxes and usbs all with failed you might get away with putting box in standby for auto update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back