epg not populating

123dgale

i have got a technomate tm twin with a 1tb hard drive fitted and the epg will not populate now its running the newest vix image 4.2.030 could anybody help ? I am new to this so would need step by step instructions (everybody's got to learn somewhere) thanks in advance for any info

Is your EPG store location in EPG settings set to HDD?

Have you chosen opentv as a source in either CrossEPG or EPG importer and set to run nightly?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Not working in what way? No errors at all anywhere? Even if cable it should show something using Rytec

it goes through the motions reads all the channels and titles gets stuck on parsing events

- - - Updated - - -

its sat

it gets to 17% and then the vix thing starts spinning in the left hand corner i have left it for over a hour still no joy

Last edited:
Have you deleted EPG, done defrag and rerun?

Is yours a new box? Not sure if they need swap files

Think swap maybe needed then as on VIX if struggling at parsing points to that. Sorry I'm on the phone and out to point you on the right direction but search 'swapfile' and copy the steps from a Zgemma section post. It's the same process.

Last edited:
i will try this will let you know how i go on thanks for your help

- - - Updated - - -

tried this

- - - Updated - - -

yes got full channels and bouquets

box does not need SWAPFILE,i use a 8gb micro usb for my epg and any issues i can format it and set it up again,is hdd mounted correctly?

Fairly old box and cross is memory intensive. Certainly worth a bash and disable if not...

it looks like the swap file has worked got up this morning and all the epg is populated thanks for all your help
Think swap maybe needed then as on VIX if struggling at parsing points to that. Sorry I'm on the phone and out to point you on the right direction but search 'swapfile' and copy the steps from a Zgemma section post. It's the same process.

Yeap agreed the swap file would be needed on this receiver due to the size of the processor. It certainly wouldn't do any harm utilising it.

Back