EPG not updating of a night

bought a Zgemma H52TC all set up, but of a morning when I check the EPG is empty and doesn't update of a night? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mine has started to do this too. I leave it powered on rather than in standby then I don't have any issues. Does anyone know how to update it manually? I used to have a add on that did it but I forgot the name. Think it was EPG Importer?

EPG importer has been failing lately for a lot of users. make sure your image is up to date? you can remove from plugins and download a newer version of EPG import which should work.

Can you please share what you done to fix this mine is also not working thanks.
Uninstall epg importer then reinstall new version, reboot, open up the epg importer plugin, blue button then change source to rytech sat/virgin uk new, then tick the 6 boxes that appear

Uninstall epg importer then reinstall new version, reboot, open up the epg importer plugin, blue button then change source to rytech sat/virgin uk new, then tick the 6 boxes that appear

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have uninstalled and 're installed epg importer. Selected sources RYTEC XMLTV SATMATE SKYIT SATMATE SKY UK UK RYTEC UK XMLTV and RYTEC VIRGIN UK XMLTV

When I update from these sources it says 0 events updated.

Please advise, thanks.

This is for ipab but don't think it will differ much

Many thanks for the guide I think I may have found the problem when I scroll to download EPG import the version is EPGIMPORT (1.0+git134) where as the version on the guide you provided is EPGIMPORT (1.0+git170) I assume I am unable to download the correct updated version of EPGIMPORT.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have uninstalled and 're installed epg importer. Selected sources RYTEC XMLTV SATMATE SKYIT SATMATE SKY UK UK RYTEC UK XMLTV and RYTEC VIRGIN UK XMLTV

When I update from these sources it says 0 events updated.

Please advise, thanks.
you should see a source towards the end of the list (new) Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLV (xz version) and that's the one you need

Many thanks for the guide I think I may have found the problem when I scroll to download EPG import the version is EPGIMPORT (1.0+git134) where as the version on the guide you provided is EPGIMPORT (1.0+git170) I assume I am unable to download the correct updated version of EPGIMPORT.
Yes you will need the newest version of epgimporter. What image are you using?

Yes you will need the newest version of epgimporter. What image are you using?

Great looks like we're getting closer to a fix.

I'm not sure how to tell which version im running. But I haven't updated it since I installed the box at the start of the year.

Can you explain which steps I need to do to get the latest version.

Many thanks

Think it's changed again eol is at the end and new at the start
That's what it was before it changed to xz version, have they gone back as I thought eol meant End Of Life. strange.

Edit: Just updated to git170 and still got the xz version sources on my VU. will check the zgemma's later

you're right, some of the sources were prefixed eol 1/1/2018, denoting when gz file are no longer in use,afaik all the rytec sources in recent vix images, 5.0.029 on I think, are now using as you say xz files, if anyone is seeing eol before source, then they're using gz files still. the new files combine UK & Irl both sat & cable, the older versions have seperate files for each

Sorted thanks for everyone's help.

In the end I had to update to newest wooshbuild version which it then lost my line so I had to try and find out how to do that again. Once it was up and running I followed the above guide and it's running great again. Thanks for everyone's help

Back