epg not updating & time on the box wrong

I'm the same, not a passive tv buff but enjoy the sports and movies but begrudge paying 60 quid plus to a normal subscription. Just want a box that gives a 7 day guide really.

Cheers just done that and have the option back now. Still have EPG thinkin its 1903 though! Bloody thing. No answers seem to be on any sites so its a mystery.

Just one more thing to try on this, I think the problem must be with some files on your usb stick. Have you tried using a fresh usb or moving the data off your current one, reformat and try again? Try that and if it works, move any files you wanted to keep back onto the USB but don't replace any of the new ones your box creates with the old ones you have. Ummm... I hope that makes some sense to you!

Hi I formatted the drive completly and made sure it's in fat32 then reinserted and downloaded the EPG through EPG and time settings but again still said 1903. When I download the new EPG I can press ok to view the data and it is there in all its glory, however as its for now and the box thinks it's 1903 it's not working. Essentially the box needs to know the correct date to work. So strange. When i put the EPG back to satalite it has the correct time and date but on xmltv it's miles out.

Hi I formatted the drive completly and made sure it's in fat32 then reinserted and downloaded the EPG through EPG and time settings but again still said 1903. When I download the new EPG I can press ok to view the data and it is there in all its glory, however as its for now and the box thinks it's 1903 it's not working. Essentially the box needs to know the correct date to work. So strange. When i put the EPG back to satalite it has the correct time and date but on xmltv it's miles out.

Very strange. I'm officially out of ideas! Sorry!

Me too have been quoted 13 quid to send it away for a service buy but dubious as I thinks it's a xmltv thing. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution.

Back