EPG not working using Crossepg downloader

readychef

Morning all,
I wonder if anyone can help me please.
My epg is gone for Fta channels (well all channels). Im using crossepg downloader but it just says timeout for tuner lock. Ive uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it to no joy. Any ideas would be great .

Thanks lads....

Readychef

I used to have the odd problem with cross epg, so i started using rytec which works great for me on a zgemma using cable and sat, you dont say which box your using or if its sat or cable.

but it just says timeout for tuner lock
This normally indicates that the box has 2 tuners but CrossEPG can't use one of them to do it's thing.

If you have a twin tuner box with only one cable such as satellite, go into menu -> setup -> service searching - and disable the tuner not in use.

This normally indicates that the box has 2 tuners but CrossEPG can't use one of them to do it's thing.

If you have a twin tuner box with only one cable such as satellite, go into menu -> setup -> service searching - and disable the tuner not in use.
Thanks Wooshman.... Yeah this sorted it out.... I have a zgemma h2s sat receiver and I had to reflash it a couple of weeks ago and it must have reconfigured the sat tuner. Always use your whooshbuilds best out there mate !!!! thanks for all your help ....

Wooshman .... Just on a side note....I have an IPTV sub and the epg hasn't been working for nearly a couple of weeks.. The server ( which you may know) says they are working on it... I was wondering is there any other way to get the EPG working besides using e-channeliser.
Cheers mate...

A lot of IPTV providers use epg importer,if your provider support this method.
Yeah sorry mate .. I should have said.... Yeah they use epgimporter for the epg but the last couple of weeks its not working .. Ive contacted them and they say they are working on it but I was just wondering if there was another way of receive the epg while they are working on it .....

Wooshman .... Just on a side note....I have an IPTV sub and the epg hasn't been working for nearly a couple of weeks.. The server ( which you may know) says they are working on it... I was wondering is there any other way to get the EPG working besides using e-channeliser.
Cheers mate...
The last I read was they have some EPG back but not all of it yet. Their site is always up to date with info. I know it isn't public so email them if you don't know the website address.

The last I read was they have some EPG back but not all of it yet. Their site is always up to date with info. I know it isn't public so email them if you don't know the website address.
Yeah thanks mate.... Their service is brilliant and would highly recommend them .. Im using the satellite channel list EPG at the minute to see whats on (which I got sorted thanks to yourself). But was just wondering if there was another way of getting the epg while they are working on the problem..
Thanks for all your input mate appreciate it...

Generally speaking no, not without doing it yourself.

The reason is that the IPTV channel names vary so much from provider to provider. So and EPG with IPTV: BBC1 HD would work for IPTV UK: BBC1 HD as the channel name is different.

If all the providers decided on a generic channel name set one EPG would work for all. What would probably happen then though is only one provider would do the EPG and the others would just use it.

At present providers are responsible for their own EPG.

Generally speaking no, not without doing it yourself.

The reason is that the IPTV channel names vary so much from provider to provider. So and EPG with IPTV: BBC1 HD would work for IPTV UK: BBC1 HD as the channel name is different.

If all the providers decided on a generic channel name set one EPG would work for all. What would probably happen then though is only one provider would do the EPG and the others would just use it.

At present providers are responsible for their own EPG.
Yeah that makes sense ... One person doing all the work and everyone else taking credit for their work... ( a bit like yourself... you doing all the work and putting in all the effort and others just taking and taking).... But listen thanks again for ALL your work.. And your new edition "wooshbuild infinity" is brilliant !!!!

Has CrossEPG been removed from Wooshbuild Infinity? I used it on WB7 and it was on the plugins page but when I updated WB to Infinity it wasn't there and unable to find it in the 'download plugins' section.

Has CrossEPG been removed from Wooshbuild Infinity? I used it on WB7 and it was on the plugins page but when I updated WB to Infinity it wasn't there and unable to find it in the 'download plugins' section.
Leeofaccy.... You need to repost your question to Wooshbuild Infinity Support section ... they can answer your question. I haven't moved over to Wooshbuild Infinity myself yet still with WB 7 so I cant answer your question ... Sorry mate...

I couldn't find it in the 'download plugins' section. On the install instructions it says "DO NOT let it install plugins (in bold red). At this point some plugins you had installed may fail to install if you installed them manually or they have changed location on the remote servers. This is not related to WooshBuild Infinity.", so I didn't and when it finished it was gone from the plugins page and couldn't find it in the downloads section. I could probably download it from elsewhere and manually install it but was wondering if it wouldn't work properly with the new version, hence it not being there.

I cant remember why crossepg got removed to be honest. But as silver said you can download it and use it while running infinity if thats what you wanted

Green button > green again > systemplugins > crossepg

Thanks guys. I've installed it but it crashes the first time I go to configure it and the box restarts, but seems fine after that.

Back