EPG not working

ryan7

Hi folks, thanks for the support over the last few month.

I'm experiencing issues with my epg after a fresh download.
when I push the Fav button and select the category I want, it's not giving an epg for any of those channels.
When I hit the epg button, it give me an epg for the channel I'm on and nothing else.
if I wait long enough on another channel it'll eventually give me an epg.
Any ideas what can be done to fix this?
beginning to get frustrated with my box as it seems every other week something isn't working as it should do
cheers

Yeah, it seems I made a blunder getting "an upgrade" from the skybox F5s. No EPG, reboots, and tons of no signal/scrambled service - until I change channel. I'll be unboxing the Skybox until these issues are fixed. The box is bs at the moment.

Last edited:
I never updated the firmware, not recently anyways. It has been fine up until I done latest epg download.
Can this be fixed ?

Then forget downloading it and just use now and next information and BT sport 1, 2 and ESPN HD seem to not have epg detail is urs fine?

Then forget downloading it and just use now and next information and BT sport 1, 2 and ESPN HD seem to not have epg detail is urs fine?

The main reason for (me at least) getting the blade was specifically for the EPG. If not for that, why bother with it, you can get 2 skyboxes for that price if you want a shyte epg. The now & next take a while to update, its not feasible when channel hoping for something to watch to wait 30 seconds on now & next to load.

The epg for Bt Sports/EPSN isnt showing anything on the latest firmware, is it the same for you on the Jan version as well? If so, maybe this isnt a firmware issue, I have no idea. I just know its a royal pain in the ass. I mean, isn't there somewhere people with this problem could download the epg and manually move it to the usb and plug it into the box until its fixed!

My epg is fine with Jan 25 firmware the channel list setting is very different to February to July firmwares not sure why you have problems with epg. You could have done better and bought a better box

Its like what happened to me I acquired a Skybox F3 back in 2012 and I didn't have any success with it the box kept on crashing on epg or changing channels I sold it and got a Blade 500s this year so this is the box I like

---------- Post Merged at 05:37 PM ----------

Blade 5000s*

Its the same box you have, just different firmware. I bought skybox F5s months ago and it was fine (still got it), but everyone was going on about the EPG of the Blade, so I got the blade 5000s a right few weeks ago for the EPG alone. The epg now is a piece of crap. Wonderful stuff!

Like I said, I have no idea why we cant just download the EPG on the PC and stick it onto the usb once a week to sort this issue.

As for firmware, I think I read its not advisable to downgrade it for some reason unknown to me. However, if it fixes the problem and still allowed for the 9991 menu I would go for it if possible.

Im sure Skybox F5s has 7 day epg if it does whats the point of buying a Blade 5000s

---------- Post Merged at 12:49 AM ----------

7 day epg on Blade 5000s is not that great it theres no epg detain only now and next program has info.

I'm going to wait a full wk until my now & next needs updating and after a fresh download, I'll see if it manages to correct itself. If not, I'll return the box in exchange for another without any problems (I hope).
Such a frustrating issue. You'd think its easily fixed too. I wonder what's actually causing this...

Personally I think the chip in the box isn't quick enough, but I am no expert.

I only had problems when I was flicking through the channels when it was showing the full 7 day epg.

I only used the 7 day EPG if I wanted to record something.

If I flicked through using the OK button (basic epg) it was fine.

Are you using a usb HDD or USB stick, I think it's a speed problem somewhere.

You maybe better with a HDD drive but can't guarantee better results as they are 3.0 rather than 2.0

As I mentioned, you may be best flicking through the channels from the OK button
then using the EPG to set your recording.

I'm pretty sure it's a speed thing with the box or storage device

Thanks for your feedback. I don't really use the recording option but I'd still like that option to book something in advance in the event I do use it.
Even just being able to flick thru the tv guide to see what's currently on is an issue. If it continues to persist then I'll look into returning the box.

If you want a really good EPG then go for an E2 type box
running VIX.

It has the best EPG I have seen so far.

The channel list will auto update every night so if channels move frequency they get updated and auto bouquet maker
updates the EPG every night too while the box is put on standby.

It is fast and complete. Full 7 day EPG.

Finally, one button recording like the book feature on the blade.

An E2 type box will cost you approx £120 though for a single tuner, £150 for duel.

Last edited:
Back