Cable EPG poviders missing

casper19

Hi Guys
I'm running cable only on sucmnsee openvix, had the box for a couple of weeks now, with your help i have the box set up nearly perfect. I have one last issue, not a big one but it's annoying.
I have the EPG set up now, at first i had a lot of channel providers, missing from the left hand column in the EPG but by doing this,

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings > Enable Virgin EPG: yes
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > Update rytec providers
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > XMLTV Providers > Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV > click yellow to download *Wait for it to finish* > Click okay on Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV (Green tick should appear) then hit green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Blue for Sources > Scroll to Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV Okay *Green tick will appear* > Gress green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Yellow for Manual > then Yes.

they all appeared except for the HD channels, not major but annoying. Is there a simple fix or should i just live with it?

Thanks but where is that in the setup?
Newbie.

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 PM ----------

found it what will this do?

menu, timers, autotimers, blue to add goto vm all channels select one with the time at 4 press blue to add timer untick only on weekdays press green scroll down to timer type and change to zap now go down to begin time i have mine at 05.30 check this does not conflict with abm then end time change it 5 minutes after the begin time

I must have done something wrong or it didn't work, when you said time at 4 what did that mean exactly?

When you press on vm preview channel it should give you a list of time slots choose an early time then within the extra time options choose what time you want

Thanks for the info i will try again tonight, in the mean time i have found another but longer way. If i go to last scanned all the HD channels are there and named so i have started moving them to the bouquets where the provider names are missing then deleting the original entry, if you know what i mean effective but long winded.

i know what you mean but when autobouquet marker runs it will overwrite them. you didnt say the channel names where missing i thought you meant the epg data. delete bouquets in autobouquet marker then start scan

the ABM is set to update every night but i think this could be my problem, when it updated last night i got the error message (ABM tuner time out error) and all the channel alterations i made yesterday were still the there. I have tuner a disabled and tuner b is set on vermin, so i am lost as to what that can be.

Back