EPG problem

Hi

I had to reflash my box after the much talked about audio description issues. Everything works just fine although I'm struggling with the EPG.

I get a partial EPG, some chanels have huge chunks missing and others do not update at all. I found the following guide below:-

1) Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings > Enable Virgin EPG: yes
2) Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > Update rytec providers
3) Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > XMLTV Providers > Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV > click yellow to download *Wait for it to finish* > Click okay on Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV (Green tick should appear) then hit green to save
4) Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Blue for Sources > Scroll to Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV Okay *Green tick will appear* > Press green to save
5) Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Yellow for Manual > then Yes.
6) Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > change Daily automatically import to enabled and then choose the auto start time.
That should keep epg updated.

I'm coming unstuck at number 3 as there are no providers similar to the one listed or any that even mention Virgin.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, could anyone help?

is there a Rytek UK Sat/Virgin one together? sorry but don't use crossepg but i know with epgimporter the rytek source is combined as one now

you really shouldn't use both epg downloaders at same time, either crossepg ,or epgimporter , but not both, crossepg is a larger download than rytec, you should just try epgimporter, you need to be using latest sources as most of old gz sources are no longer in use,they're all xz now. make sure you have
epgimporter with up to date sources, both uk & ire sat & cable are combined. Using 2 downloaders one after other you risk corrupting epgdat , when you start the box the epg data is read from the storage source,also if you aren't selecting sky dead, in download sources, these channels will no longer populate in you epg, & remain blank , but their bouquet placeholder still remain

Back