EPG settings - Octagon SF8

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi gang,
Recently been having a problem with my SF8, I have set up the EPG settings so that it is saved to Media/USB, and the hard drive (also tried a USB stick) is mounted as Media/USB,
However, when I knock off the box and start it next time, all the EPG info is gone again.

This has been ruining my buzz for a number of weeks, so I would like to reset the box back to where it was when it popped through the door. The factory reset on hte VIX image is not good enough, it still leaves the line intact for one.
I have reflashed with the latest image, both by USB and over the air, both to no avail.

I use cross epg, could anyone maybe screenshot their settings page to see if while tinkering, I have changed a setting I shouldn't have.

Or maybe you might have another idea that I haven't thought about.

Cheers,

Wheelo

dont knock box off just use remote for on and off,bees tut will show how to setup box again ,possible box need a new image from wos and save line and cfg to desktop first,yes cross epg sometimes one has to update feeds to get it working again open cross with 28.2 with a green tick

ok you said you reflashed and did not use settings restore?like in setting virgin box up again like in bees tut?

Last edited:
1. I don't leave it plugged in overnight, so I think that negates your first part - but it was working for such a long time, that this is nothing new.
2. Can you link to which of Bees tuts you think I should follow, I have no problem reflashing.
3. What sort of image from WOS do you think I need - The latest VIX?, I have updated over the air and it is still happening, same when I did it by USB.
4. What do you mean "update feeds"

5. No, you misunderstood - When I reflashed previously, I didn't have to re FTP my line is what I meant, ie it didn't become a completely blank canvas to work off (if that makes sense)

6. I have used the factory restore function, and I am still where I am.

head over to wos to see how one updates box with new firmware,online update may have screwed it up as things have changed with new images.
we were taught to flash box by usb or download it on image manager - downloads.that will bring up their latest image which you can install from backup image.
old way was to reflash image by usb and not to use any restore settings,save line and cfg on pc first before reflashing.
bees hot thread for all enigma2 receivers.
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html
powering off box means that you cant have abm or epg set to update nightly

the update feeds i mentioned is when people lose their epg daily download and have to update their rytec provider and then manual download should work for you.

Last edited:
Okay, so I went to WOS, and got a file for flashing by USB. flashed it, and it brought me back to the beginning, i followed the above guide, but now it wont even scan for EPG at all. never mind store it.

Okay, in addition to my above post, I thought I'd add some screenshots

Firstly, these are my epg settings

Screenshot by Lightshot

This is my HDD mount

Screenshot by Lightshot

When I start EPG downloader, it shows starting download, then loading data within two seconds, then normal TV again

Screenshot by Lightshot

Screenshot by Lightshot

Anyone see anything wrong with my settings? need to see a screenshot of a different setting screen?, anything, anyone?? @cactikid ?

Also since I updated the software version, I don't have the "all" bouquet when I go to the bouquet list, it has been replaced with "FTA HD Channels"
Here are my Channel Selection Settings:-

Screenshot by Lightshot

Am I missing something??

Here are my ABM settings - you wanted screen shots

1.jpg 1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (5).jpg 1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (6).jpg 1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (7).jpg
I don't know if yours are the same, but these work for me as does CrossEPG.

I know I am OpenATV but it all works the same doesn't it? <---- genuine question.

I found the answer to my "All" channels bouquet problem via a post by Dsayers:-

Sure menu, setup, service searching, autobouquetsmarke, providers, and change the service you want ie sky or virgin to generate main bouquet to yes

Also Woosh, your settings above would have tipped me off as the Main bouquet was set to no here.

Now can some bright spark solve my EPG problems, and I will be eternally grateful - So much so that I might forgive an infraction LOL

@cactikid you are hanging around, are you any use to me??

in epg, settings automatic refresh to yes i have it to no but i never power off my box overnight then in crossepg configure force epg reload on boot

---------- Post Merged at 06:35 PM ----------

also what have you chosen as your provider? i use opentv sky uk untick any others and start scan

For now, I seem to have it working, but I will have to find the force epg load on boot when Emmerdale is over LOL

When I go into Crossepg configure, what I have is this ->

Screenshot by Lightshot

, no sign of force epg load on boot, any ideas? I have it loaded, and I can see the .epg file when I press files on the remote, so I am somewhat happpy, but I haven't rebooted yetlol

Last edited:
I can't get to box now watching kung-fu panda 3 but I have more options in that menu including force epg load on boot

stop powering off box solves many issues lol,yes new image does now show the fta hd first,download is on epg.

if you change any settings box will tell you it needs a reboot to set your changes.

Attachments

• open epg.jpg
    open epg.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 50
crossepg settings
crossepg settings.jpg
epg settings
epg settings.jpg
with you powering off the box you may need epg automatic refresh and crossepg configure force epg reload on boot

with you powering off the box you may need epg automatic refresh and crossepg configure force epg reload on boot

Have you any idea why my crossepg/configure doesn't have all the other settings yours does??

Also, I turned on the box today and the .epg file was gone from Storage/USB, I then scanned the epg and it didn't appear either, it is like it stored to internal memory

Last edited:
Uninstall it mate, reboot and re-install. I also presume you can use the previous 0.6.2 version - or whatever it is if needed?

Or try deleting the crossEPG from your stick, HDD, whatever you type your box has. Eight legs, I know that much, then open CrossEPG again to see if it has changed with more options.

Last edited:
Uninstall what Woosh and how? Previous version of what? - VIX? I'm sure I could get a copy of a previous version, but the problems started BEFORE I updated VIX.

You mean just reformat the HDD and start from scratch?, there is nothing of any value stored o it so that would be no problem at all.

Back