EPG settings - Octagon SF8

LMAO you make me chuckle.

Remove the CrossEPG plugin from the plugins section. Reboot the box and then install CrossEPG from the plugins section.

if using hdd and usb stick i just use my usb stick for epg and hdd for recordings,possibly in your settings you may need to save them and reload when switched back on?

Woosh suggested uninstalling crossepg and rebooting and reinstalling crossepg, to see if I could get the other settings, I did, and it didn't give me the extras.

Cacti, I only have one USB port on this, so HDD is used for both.

yes am holding off on 4.0 also,different images have different things .my xtrend is on 035,tell me again what your problem is no info on epg when downloaded?=source has moved and needs updating first then setup again and download manually.

just rechecking error message cannot retrieve rytec sources now lol.

went with xmltv for the time been my god takes forever to download.

this might be something to do with sky changing their epg?

Last edited:
I don't use rytec lol too many issues with it my setup is crossepg with opentv as the provider and epgrefresh for cable I've only had the h2h for a week and it hasn't missed a beat.

For my 2s I just have crossepg with opentv as the provider I've had that for over a year and again haven't had many issues with epg

If my HDD is mounted as media/usb, then that is where it should go surely? If it was media/HDD , then you are right, no?

In the very first post, I say I use crossepg, does it make a difference to the solution?

reread thread again post one says
" Recently been having a problem with my SF8, I have set up the EPG settings so that it is saved to Media/USB, and the hard drive (also tried a USB stick) is mounted as Media/USB, "
and hdd is added as a media mount hdd not usb so box says user error lol

epg and mount have to be the same for epg to load to :p:yes!:

that should fix it.

Attachments

• af11e3f1d75753faa08d5bb9a69ad2a1.jpg
    af11e3f1d75753faa08d5bb9a69ad2a1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Can you go back to mount manager unmount it then remount but press right till it shows media/hdd not media/usb in crossepg your screenshot doesn't show where it's saving to like mine says 1cs

and hdd is added as a media mount hdd not usb so box says user error

epg and mount have to be the same for epg to load to

I never said it is mounted as Media/HDD, i said the epg settings are to be stored at media/usb and my HDD is mounted as Media/usb. They are both the same.

@dsayers. I have changed the mount to media/HDD, and the epg setting to the same, I will see how this works out in hte next day or two, and see if it cures it.

recheck your links you posted for hdd!

you can always download it now to see it work

Attachments

• vEAZ7P5.png
    vEAZ7P5.png
    636 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
With BOTH settings saving to media/HDD, and the mount point being media/HDD it goes off and downloads the epg, and you can scroll through it, but the .epg file is not stored on hte HDD, it must be going to the internal memory.
When I knock the box back on, the epg has dissappeared, and you have to re-download it.

i only use my usb stick for epg saving ,and here is what i think is the internal hdd lol

Attachments

• epg hard drive.jpg
    epg hard drive.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 36
Got a fix for you mate.

Care to Share it, put me out of my misery lol

i only use my usb stick for epg saving ,and here is what i think is the internal hdd

I have tried both a HDD and a USB (at different times as there is only one USB port) and it it is the same, I have that menu set up, if I record something it goes into movie with no problems, only missing the .epg file. Sometimes it is there, but when you power up again, it is missing

can you not just use remote to put box on/off and then have a working box with abm and epg working,these boxes are designed to stay powered,if i powered off my box i will have no epg either until i either downloaded it again.

The only thing left plugged in overnight is the fridge, and the modem, and the modem is only left in because it is our phone service too.

Back