Epg Tv guide not populating program list

Hi,
I have a nbox5800sx running enigma 2 (with a sky skin)(cross epg plugin installed) and im having problems with the epg(tv guide).

The tv guide only shows listings for a few channels and if i want to record something i have to wait closer to the start time before it appears on the guide.

Has anyone had this problem before?

It's nothing to do with the skin. Have you got the EPG settings set up correctly? storage device set up correctly? Is it being saved to internal flash or external storage?

When you say saved internal, do you mean internal flash?

Go into the EPG section in menu, setup, and post a picture.

Yes internal flash
Ive managed to find the epg settings in the menu the following states:

Enable EIT EPG: Yes
Enable MHW EPG:Yes
Enable Freesat EPG:no
Enable ViaSat EPG: no
ENABLE NETMED EPG:YES
Maintain old epg data for:0

There should be a line where it says EPG location. That should be set to your storage device, not internal flash. You also need to set up the plugin your box is using to download the EPG. So you need to find the crossEPG plugin, and go into the settings. There, you can set when you want it to download each day.

Cheers buddy, the configuration on the cross epg menu was disabled so enabled that to download everyday and tv guide has populated the listings.

Thanks again

Hi. I'm having a similar problem with the epg not showing what's on all channels. It shows most but not all. I have a zgemmah2s with openvix and blue I'd skin. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3ae70a561902063ce404122e5e9cc695.jpg

Had exactly the same problems... switched to EPGimporter and that works. Both my boxes did the same thing where you would run CrossEPG and it would get stuck at 578kbs reading titles.

If you want to use epgimporter go to plugins, download plugins. Select epgimporter and then open that from plugins menu and set it to run daily and click sources. Select rytec UK as a source then click save and manually run that. Then if it works you can remove crossepg from plugins menu

Back