EPG update issues for Slyk channels

Rt1

Hi all,
Invaluable forum in setting up my H2.S box (Slyk skin), many thanks.
Only thing I am having issues with is that the auto EPG updater is only updating FTA channels, not of the Slyk channels. If I do a manual update, all channels update fine.

I have searched loads for answers to this before posting but nothing works....

Set up I have:
EPG:
- EPG location set to /media/usb

Cross EPG:
- Storage device set to flash disk (usb isn't an option here so assume flash disk is the usb stick here....).
- yes
- yes
- yes
- once a day

Then Open TV providers set to Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 28.2).

All these settings seems to be correct from the guides I have read, but every day FTA channels update, nothing for SLyk...

Any help appreciated as driving me mad...

Thanks.

Flash is your box. You've not set up your storage correctly if it won't let you save it to the USB. Saving it to the box will eventually mess it up.

Its odd...
I have the USB set up and visible on EPG and am using it in swapmanager. All show it as media/usb.
Prior to use it was initialised and converted to ext4 (I read ext4 may solve this EPG prob, hence the conversion).

So in EPG, I have the following storage options:
/media/usb (selected)
internal flash
media/hdd

In crossEPG, I have
Flash Disk (selected)
Internal flash (unsuggested)
33AS (name of my HDD)

If a USB problem, why would FTA channels be updating but not slyk channels??

remount your usb then restart your box. It should then give you the option to save to usb instead of flash disk, which can mess up your box (trust me, i've done it)

Remount USB means to stop swapmanager etc. Reinitialise, covert to ext4. Restart swapmanager. And try again. Right?

Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Initialisation. USB is named "Generic (Flash Disk) - External
So sure Flash Disk in Cross EPG is internal?!??

If I try reinitailising it, I get the error "can't unmount /media/ubb: Device or resource busy."

Its busy as swapmanager is active with usb drive as the swap place.

If I delete the swap place, I can then reinitialise.

Deleted swapmanager, reinitialised, re-set swapmanager, EPG point to media / usb. But cross EPG still refers to the usb drive (I assume) as Flash Disk.

Issue remains.. grrrrr

any other ideas appreciated, tried another USB stick and still doing the same, only FTA channels updating...

Back