EPG VM no option

Supercoo

Hi All

I know there has been some EPG threads and I have looked at them however I cannot find a solution for me.

I am on H2H Wooshbuild. EPG has been working fine until last Friday. Yesterday I deleted EPG-Importer and then downloaded the latest one.

However when press the blue button I only have the option to select the below:

Rytec IPTV XMLTV (xz)
Rytect Miscellaneous XMLTV (xz)
UK - Freeview (xz)
UK - FTA (xz)
UK - International xz)
UK - Sky Live (xz)
UK - Sky Dead (xz)
UK - Sports/Movies (xz)

I have tried to load all of them and I get 0 events. Where is the Vermin option? I have cable feed only so no sat.

I did software update this morning on h52tc and noticed that the sources had changed yet again, I had a Rytec Sky/Virgin in the list which then opens up to the UK categories you've listed

Update.

Silly me I did not restart/reboot the box once I downloaded the latest EPG-Importer.

When I check sources now I see (New) Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version) and I see the same ones below this:

UK - Freeview (xz)
UK - FTA (xz)
UK - International xz)
UK - Sky Live (xz)
UK - Sky Dead (xz)
UK - Sports/Movies (xz)

None of these are selected however I can see the EPG filling up some channels only. When I select a channel with no EPG after a minute the EPG fills for that channels.

So half working, is better than none I guess.

Hi mate, another option maybe to download "epg refresh" and set it to go to the vm preview channel for about 3 mins each day. That generally gives you a full vm epg for 5 days.

Hello mate

Cheers for the suggestion.

However all channels are showing full EPG now :(y):

I put the box on standby for a few hours and turn it back on and full EPG is still all there :(y): (used to have a few channels with EPG then the others would come after a few minutes)

If I get any further issues I will try epg refresh.

Update.

Silly me I did not restart/reboot the box once I downloaded the latest EPG-Importer.

When I check sources now I see (New) Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version) and I see the same ones below this:

UK - Freeview (xz)
UK - FTA (xz)
UK - International xz)
UK - Sky Live (xz)
UK - Sky Dead (xz)
UK - Sports/Movies (xz)

None of these are selected however I can see the EPG filling up some channels only. When I select a channel with no EPG after a minute the EPG fills for that channels.

These need to be selected really. once selected and saved, run a manual download (yellow button) and it should populate everything

Hi guys mine seems to be doing this if i try a download it does try but each time it just goes straight of and says no info i have tries uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing and also have epg refresh set to once a day but it only gives me a 1 day epg thanks

Hi guys mine seems to be doing this if i try a download it does try but each time it just goes straight of and says no info i have tries uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing and also have epg refresh set to once a day but it only gives me a 1 day epg thanks
change settings in epg refresh to 5 days always worked perfectly for me

Try adding this source too

You will now need to select your import sources for the EPG - The standard ones should already be set but I find that the V*rgin EPG doesn't populate that well so I have an extra sources file which goes into ROOT > ETC > EPGIMPORT ... if you're interested in this, here it is...
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/9gxvyxGf/file.html

Once you've put this into the folder as mentioned above, click on BLUE for Sources then scroll across to Rytec UK XMLTV (S*y) and Rytec V*rgin UK XMLTV - these should be selected by default - if you're not using the SATELLITE part of the box, you can remove the Rytec UK XMLTV one. If you carry on to the end of the list - you'll see the extra sources file we added called "Vermin UK Cable" - tick this and click GREEN to save. You can now push the YELLOW button to manually start the scan - with using all 3 of the sources files, it scans around 250k listings and takes around 10-15 minutes to do. Once it's done, your EPG should now be populated fully (or as much as possible).

Update.

UK - Freeview (xz)
UK - FTA (xz)
UK - International xz)
UK - Sky Live (xz)
UK - Sky Dead (xz)
UK - Sports/Movies (xz)

those ones looked like sat? my other ones list vm and all green ticked save and exit out,i then download manually to usb and get days of epg.
for some strange reason it does not populate at 4 like it used to do.

those ones looked like sat? my other ones list vm and all green ticked save and exit out,i then download manually to usb and get days of epg.
for some strange reason it does not populate at 4 like it used to do.

yea sat and cable are all together now in latest epg importer, I had to update the plugin again because the separate sat/vm feeds no longer updated.

both my sat and cable are different and download one after the other.
crossepg on rytec xmltv for virgin
i gave up using epg refresh for 1 day cable epg

Right I have a zgemma h52tc running cable and sat on wooshbuild that came with EPG import same problem 1day EPG seems to be better on crossepg getting full EPG for sat
1 day EPG on virgin.ie any ideas

In epgimporter check the sources are correct, they have been changing them lately, you may even need to remove the plugin and then reinstall it to get the new list of sources, towards the end of the sources list you should see (new) Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version), select this and then select each of the of the sub categories. save the changes and then do a manual download.

If the wrong sources are selected then they would not have updated recently which is why you're just getting a 1 day epg

Back