Error 1167 on neogamme

sandog

error 1167 comes up when itry to play my games. really stuck at the moment with this if anyone has any ideas im listening thanx sandog. im softmodded 4.3 e ican play normal games easilly, thanks
hanks

If your Wii was purchased since 2009, the chances are it has a drive that won't play copied discs. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to play the games from an external hard drive.
if you enter the Wii's serial number here>>> Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation it will give you the odds of it having the newer drive (called a D3-2 drive)

Were you able to play backups before,and if so are you on the latest neogamma,also are your cios upto date

thanx for your reply sinno, i softmodded a week ago, i have been trying to update neogamme, but for some reason it will not let me update on the wii, if you no of the latest to use could you please tell me .it will give me another option to see if that will work , do i put the download link to neogamme to update it in the apps folder on the sd card once unzipped . i need to read up on the cios to see how to update them thanx again for the help sinno

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 PM ----------

If your Wii was purchased since 2009, the chances are it has a drive that won't play copied discs. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to play the games from an external hard drive.
if you enter the Wii's serial number here>>> Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation it will give you the odds of it having the newer drive (called a D3-2 drive)
my wii is 2007 my thinking is ill try with what i have first if i can get that working then i want a hard drive to put all my games on just not to sure if a hard drive will work as im having a little trouble with the smaller things at the mo thankyou very much for getting back to me wheelo and for your time

NeoGamma does not offer a Homebrew channel update, what version are you using???

A hard drive will work with any wii, you just have to do it right, are you using WBFS manager to format the HDD and put the games onto it??
If we can break your problem down into smaller pieces, we will not overlook anything, the first time can be a little frustrating, but little baby steps will get you there.
Also, if we can keep it all in one thread, we will all be looking at the same things.

1. what version of Neogamma are you using, the latest I see is V9?
2. are you using WBFS Manager?
3. What softmod did you use?, you eventually used mine, Yes?? if so you have all you need to get you going (CIOS - wise).
4. what game are you trying to load in your other thread that mentions CFG Loader?

Last edited:
will check that for you when I get home,can you tell me which mod you used,the cios upgrade is fairly easy with wireless connection

If you still want to use Neogamma,give this a look HERE,you will also get your cios there,if you want to goto usb loading the guide here is still very good,believe me when you start to get into the hundreds you will be glad they are all in a little black box as opposed to stacks of discs,i understand you wanting to get it right first time out and wish you luck,let me know which game it is aswell,it might just be a bad dump

Back