Ethernet cable

ianw314

TK Veteran
Recently had Zgemma box fitted for cable and the Ethernet cable that I previously had that connected router to computer was used. Was this the correct cable to use or should I have used another type of Ethernet cable. The reason I ask ask is the HD picture is not quite top quality when I was connected up to TiVo box the picture appears slightly grainier.

To be fair that TiVo box will have cost 5 times more to make than the box you've got now, Ethernet wouldn't affect the picture in that way.

Yeah all HD channels affected but to be honest I was maybe expecting the same quality pictures as I did from my TiVo box but fully understand regards the cost difference in boxes etc.

Buy a better box, that will solve your problem (y)

To be honest that's exactly what I was wondering.

What type of box would you recommend fully loaded and possibly something that allows you to record too and approximate cost?

Not sure how all the technology works so have a couple of questions also.

(1) As someone else suppled and installed the Zgemma box for me would I have to let them know that I have changed boxes for line etc?

(2) Would it just be a matter of swapping cables etc from one box to another?

It's down to budget at the end of the day, there are quite a few dual tuner boxes (record one, watch another) as mentioned on another post of mine you can get a vu+ solo SE V2 with a twin tuner, vu+ duo 2 with twin tuner, xtrend et8000 or mutant twin tuner box. There are plenty of others too as other people will post to let you know. Then its a matter of getting a HDD or USB to record too.
My personal preference is a box which takes a HDD as it's all internal and looks neater but that's just me.

you can let the person that installed the previous for you know as they can transfer your line to the new box, or with a little help from you can do it yourself as the guide here is excellent

I cant belive how good the picture quality is from my Miracle box, all for under £90 its a Miracle ...................box!!!:whistling:

Back