Ethernet connection zgemma

Bordork

Hi all. So worked out that my zgemma was freezing due to the tp link I was using for internet connection. Obviously the mrs is kicking off about a big Ethernet wire across the house and its looking like a huge nightmare to get one fitted across walls. Any other alternatives than a tp link people use?

I'm no expert but have you tried changing the wireless channel on your vm superhub or the router modem? I think sometimes this can work better sometimes or maybe theres a green energy device setting needs disable I dont no sorry

I did have a TP wireless extender at home on a box out back and that thing always freezed up( every half hour or so,
I tried installing a Edimax EW7811un usb wifi adaporter but couldnt get the box to recognize but it I did setup a box for a mate the other day but we,ve not tested it much yet but this cheap usb dongle worked straight away with no problems in the hour I was setting up
New USB Wifi Wireless Dongle For Zgemma Star,VU+, Openbox F3s F5s V5s V8s x5, M5 | eBay or better like you man says power plugs are best I've heard

The Edimax I tried loads of drivers and couldnt get it to work

What is the tp device you have

I havnt sorry. How do I do that? I was using the one my dad gave me from by bt he never used and i tried swopping them with another one upstairs which works fine on computer and get no lag with games so tried that and still same results. With tp the speed when I pressss OK and ok was 0.5 mark but with straight ethernet its 0.1 mark

Obviously would love the tp to work as a wire is a huge nightmare! Thanks for replying :-)

I'm not sure with bt mate but on my virgin super hub I just login the box . try connecting too address 192.168.0.1 from your computer to login the modem thats how I do it on virgin

A simple wi-fi booster box may work. I've done that and it works great without freezing. Plus it means no cable at all.

Use a powerline I have them in my house no long wires and works perfectly in every room

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back