Expert advise please :) IPTV blocked on netgear router with vpn

Kcs

Hey Guys

Got a bit of a stinker here so hoping some of you geniuses can help me or know of anything to try and fix this.

My setup

To summarise my setup is virgin superhub 3.0 in modem mode connected via ethernet port 4 to netgear R7800 WAN port and then using the netgear via ethernet port to my Zgemma H9S box that I recently bought.

I also have a VPN setup on my router via DD WRT firmware installed on the netgear which works a treat and i have no issues with internet access on wifi through the VPN router

Problem

Using xtream editor i setup line id etc and all bouquets load and epg shows all the channels, however i cannot get internet access to iptv provider and channels dont load

Workaround for today was disabling my netgear and putting virgin superhub into routermode again and then going from the superhub to zgemma via ethernet and all worked fine but this is defeating the point of me having a vpn router

I might add that when connecting zgemma through netgear the eth 3 port on netgear showed amber which i found is because the speed isnt 1gbit its 10/100mpbs only and the zgemma box shows active network connection through lan with a green icon

The iptv provider said they block vpn which is fair enough but could that also cause them to block my netgear router somehow?

Any help would really be appreciated

you have answered your own question in the last sentence
you are running a vpn,
your provider doesn't allow VPN

what is complicated about that.?

If your supplier dosnt support vpn turn it off service should resume simple as abc if your not getting blocked by isp why use vpn router that's just defeating the object tbh vpns should only be used for kodi torrent sites and if isp is blocking you from viewing iptv content when football is on

you have answered your own question in the last sentence
you are running a vpn,
your provider doesn't allow VPN

what is complicated about that.?

I disabled my vpn and used virgin router and it worked

I then reconnected my netgear using superhub in modem mode and still hd the vpn disabled and it didnt work so the vpn isnt a factor in this problem?

If your supplier dosnt support vpn turn it off service should resume simple as abc if your not getting blocked by isp why use vpn router that's just defeating the object tbh vpns should only be used for kodi torrent sites and if isp is blocking you from viewing iptv content when football is on
Hi baz

Virgin throttle me on kodi so i have vpn for that and not hd any buffering issurs since then

I disabled the vpn and still used the virgin in modem mode with netgear as my main router and it didnt work still only works when i connect to the virgin router directly in router mode

It makes no sense to have internet access on all other devices connected to my netgear wifi and not to have it for my iptv connection?

To be clear the vpn is off conpletely and just modem mode virgin and netgear router connected to zgemma through ethernet

Regards

Kcs

I disabled my vpn and used virgin router and it worked

I then reconnected my netgear using superhub in modem mode and still hd the vpn disabled and it didnt work so the vpn isnt a factor in this problem?
so that would point to you havent set up your SH properly in modem only mode,
or your netgear settings are wrong,
by my reckoning,
have you got your netgear or your SH set up for DCHP.?

Are you sure your supplier isn't getting blocked that's why you've been blocked try when football finished around 7:30 or could be as @steptoe has stated

Hi baz

Virgin throttle me on kodi so i have vpn for that and not hd any buffering issurs since then

I disabled the vpn and still used the virgin in modem mode with netgear as my main router and it didnt work still only works when i connect to the virgin router directly in router mode

It makes no sense to have internet access on all other devices connected to my netgear wifi and not to have it for my iptv connection?

To be clear the vpn is off conpletely and just modem mode virgin and netgear router connected to zgemma through ethernet

Regards

Kcs
OK, so all other devices work via the netgear, just not the zgemma.?
is that correct.?
does your zgemma iptv work if connected directly to SH.?

OK, so all other devices work via the netgear, just not the zgemma.?
is that correct.?
does your zgemma iptv work if connected directly to SH.?
Hi steptoe

Yes everything works on the netgear in the house other than the zgemma

When i connect the zgemma directly to the superhub when its in router mode it works fine for the iptv

As soon as i put the superhub in modem mode and use netgear (without vpn) it blocks the iptv

The netgear is set do dhcp to send ip addresses out after XXX.XXX.1.100 onwards which it does and my zgemma gets XXX.XXX.1.111 and shows it as a connected device on the dd wrt web page. Communication is there but just iptv is blocked . I have apps on the zgemma that use internet and function

It may be worth noting that my netgear router has a red/amber light on the channel feeding the zgemma but other lan devices for example the virgin tivo box are white.

I put this down to the speed of the ethernet port on the zgemma being 10/100mbps instead if 1/100/1000

Hi steptoe

Yes everything works on the netgear in the house other than the zgemma

When i connect the zgemma directly to the superhub when its in router mode it works fine for the iptv

As soon as i put the superhub in modem mode and use netgear (without vpn) it blocks the iptv

The netgear is set do dhcp to send ip addresses out after XXX.XXX.1.100 onwards which it does and my zgemma gets XXX.XXX.1.111 and shows it as a connected device on the dd wrt web page. Communication is there but just iptv is blocked . I have apps on the zgemma that use internet and function

It may be worth noting that my netgear router has a red/amber light on the channel feeding the zgemma but other lan devices for example the virgin tivo box are white.

I put this down to the speed of the ethernet port on the zgemma being 10/100mbps instead if 1/100/1000
has your iptv provider locked the ip address of the zgemma?
I'd suggest a fixed ip on the zgemma of [ for instance ] .1.120 , then tell your ip provider thats the address of the zgemma,
also, remember , when vpn is on your zgemma will not connect if you have a fixed ip, , so do NOT c onnect your zgemma via your vpn, set your router to allow certain devices to not have vpn through it.

Thanks mate ill try that so configure fixed ip on zgemma .120 and get the vpn not to use that ip address

I know how to set a fixed ip on zgemma but not sure on the vpn side of dd wrt how to ignore the zgemma ip from using vpn is that something you could help with?

has your iptv provider locked the ip address of the zgemma?
I'd suggest a fixed ip on the zgemma of [ for instance ] .1.120 , then tell your ip provider thats the address of the zgemma,
also, remember , when vpn is on your zgemma will not connect if you have a fixed ip, , so do NOT c onnect your zgemma via your vpn, set your router to allow certain devices to not have vpn through it.

Think i found how to do it on static lease section offd wrt ! Cheers @steptoe , it must be the iptv provider thats causing this fault i cant think of anything else it could be

is it working now.?
with or without vpn.?
Not sure basically my trial ran out with the provider so im going to try again tomorrow.

I will do what you said about only connecting vpn to certain devices with static ip’s and try another provider to see if its a common issue or narrow it down to just the provider

It never worked with the superhub in modem mode with vpn or without vpn anyways.

I watched formula 1 today and it was fine directly connected to the superhub in router mode. As soon as the formula 1 finished i logged into virgin router set to modem mode (which is all working for anything else) connected the zgemma to my netgear which is proven to have internet access and it doesnt get a iptv signal on any channel

Something just isnt right :/ i will try another provider tomorrow

Not sure basically my trial ran out with the provider so im going to try again tomorrow.

I will do what you said about only connecting vpn to certain devices with static ip’s and try another provider to see if its a common issue or narrow it down to just the provider

It never worked with the superhub in modem mode with vpn or without vpn anyways.

I watched formula 1 today and it was fine directly connected to the superhub in router mode. As soon as the formula 1 finished i logged into virgin router set to modem mode (which is all working for anything else) connected the zgemma to my netgear which is proven to have internet access and it doesnt get a iptv signal on any channel

Something just isnt right :/ i will try another provider tomorrow
OK
the first issue I see is you have far too many variables,
you need to have a bench mark, then change one thing at a time,
you are now going to change supplier, so its start at the begining again
once you have a supplier that DOESN'T need a vpn, try again

At the moment my supplier you don't need a vpn although i use one. He is saying if sly start their tricks that people will require a VPN for the football.

Back