Extending 2 sky cables

Hi there,
I currently have 2 LNB cables (sky cables) into my living room (i am assuming it was for a sky plus)
1 of the cables is currently going into the openbox v8s downstairs.
Are my able to extend the other LNB cable to put the satellite signal in a bedroom upstairs? (and then connect to another box)

Can you confirm what I will need to do / buy?
or is it a simple case of getting another LNB cable and connecting it to the cable i am currently not using?

Thanks in advance.

CeV

Hi,

Yes you can but you'll only be able to connect a single tuner box to the LNB as your using the other cable for you v8s. Just get a new cable from fleabay and connect it to the LNB and then to your second box upstairs, simples! :)

I currently have this

One of the leads is in the box downstairs.
What cable do i need to use?
will it be a female to male lnb cable

Cheers again mate

Last edited:
I currently have this (2 male lnb leads)

One of the leads is in the box downstairs.
What cable do i need to use?
will it be a female to male lnb cable

Cheers again mate

A good quality copper core sat cable. You can get a couple of f plugs and a connector to join them. Take a look on the site mentioned above, you usually get the cable and f plugs and connectors as a kit.

Thanks both. Looking onl4ine could I just use a f plug coupler for the cable i am not using?
Then buy a new lnb cable and wire that up to the bedroom?

Cheers again for your time.

CeV

Thanks both. Looking onl4ine could I just use a f plug coupler for the cable i am not using?
Then buy a new lnb cable and wire that up to the bedroom?

Cheers again for your time.

CeV

Yes that would work fine. If you got a screwfi* shop near by they stock all these type of connectors usually a packet of 10 F connectors can work out cheaper than just 1 from internet inc postage same goes for barrel/coupler connectors. Always handy to have a few spare

Back