Ezviz BC1 battery security Camera

Hi all just a quick question i have just bought a Ezviz BC1 battery security camera with solar panel all was good until the evening when i looked out and the two spot lights built in to the camera were on all the time for the colour night vision and the only way they would turn off was to go to black and white IR. Surely this cannot be right i have looked on Eviz site but cannot find a answer any advice would be great .Thanks

I would imagine that's the way it is. If you want colour you'll need the spotlights on.

Have you tried turning it off and then walking near it to see if it activates the lights via the motion detection at night.

Thank you for your reply my way of thinking was that the spotlights would come on if the camera detected movement on colour mode and then turn off afterwards but they stay on all the time and drain the battery so i have had to leave it on black and white mode IR seems very odd but may be that's how they work

See these settings from the manual.
You have to enable human detection to edit defence modes. See 4 and 5 below.
Maybe then you can assign behaviours for the light.

Screenshot_20240303_200647_Samsung Notes.jpg

Thank you again but it looks like they stay on all the time using colour night vision only poor design so will be staying on black and white IR

Back