F t p

smegal100

hi ther i have just purchaced a Edison os mini reciever for cable Iam running windows xp 32 bit and i am looking for a F T P program that i can use the box will have vix on it and filezilla will not run my system xp not suported thank for any help on this

are there not any older versions of filezilla on there website that you can download to run on xp?

Why don't you set a local network up with the box, very easy and then its just like moving a file in windows.

click the start button and select my network places. select add new network place from left task screen. network place wizard should startup. click next.

choose another network should be highlighted, click next

for the internet and network address you need to get this from your sat box. press menu / information / network the ip address write it down.

Now add this to the internet or network address panel: ftp://root@192.168.100.100/ replace the bold ip bit with your ip address.

select next

type a name for your sat box: Edision select next

select finish. the window will open with your new setup connection to box

to use it again now just click the start button and select my network places and the edision will be in there.

Filezilla from filehippo has every version available try downloading one from there, great program.

Same as Leaders really but...in network on the box, install Samba, restart both, then look in network connections on the pc/laptop and drag/drop.

Back