F3 no output

Ronin

Hi everyone,
Recently the electricity in our house went off because of a problem we had with a bedroom tv.
When I came downstairs I noticed my Skybox F3 had gone off. I turned the box back on and
all seemed fine until I noticed there was no output to my tv screen.
I've checked the hdmi cable = that's fine
Even seems like the box is responding to the remote control because the display is
changing.
I've also checked its on the right av channel.
I'm stumped
Any ideas guys.
Ps sorry I've not introduced myself (as this is my first post)
I'm Ronin and I'm looking forward to getting some good advice

you normally have yo go through a hdmi output not a av output. could that be your problem.

No mate sorry, I've worded that wrong.
What I mean is the V. Format button.
There was no smell of burning or
anything like that.(I thought there might be
if I had damaged the inside).
Gutted if I have to buy a new box.
Just as the Footy starts.

hi ronin my s11 done the same thing hdmi wouldnt work so had to use the scart socket but as the f3 doesnt have a scart socket you will need a new box

Thank for the reply, £50 squid to spend on a budget box then.
Hmmm, what one would you go for??

I've got RCA cable attached, and its working.
Can someone please tell me the best picture settings whilst using
this type of connection.
Thanks

I've only got an F5 but I believe the firmware is the same. Ideally, you want to set the video resolution to Automatic depending on the TV set.

No mate sorry, I've worded that wrong.
What I mean is the V. Format button.
There was no smell of burning or
anything like that.(I thought there might be
if I had damaged the inside).
Gutted if I have to buy a new box.
Just as the Footy starts.

The recent manufacturing of the skyboxes has been atrocious from bad Ethernet/wifi, badly placed i.r sensor to a heatsink that can easily cause shorts it will be like a lottery if you get a good one or not. If you are strapped for cash go for openbox 6000 HD for under a hundred quid you get a vu+ solo clone which by all accounts is not a bad box to have for price and being a vu clone you will be able to use the images it uses and you get a 7 day epg.;)

totally agree you buy cheap and could end up paying thrice,but people think they are getting a good bargain lol and buy boxes with gifts a big no no,more lessons to be learnt and more blank screens to come in the footy season.

Back