F3s/F5s XMLTV fix.

Yes Mr Manic you did post it earlier and we are most grateful, but these files/firmware have to be tested before posting onsite to prevent fallout if no good or perhaps damaging to boxes. I keep test boxes here plus I had, shall we say, advance copies on test that I used before posting. So, my friend I accept you posted first but please also test before posting and I'm not out to be first in anything, just safe.
Reaper.

Yes Mr Manic you did post it earlier and we are most grateful, but these files/firmware have to be tested before posting onsite to prevent fallout if no good or perhaps damaging to boxes. I keep test boxes here plus I had, shall we say, advance copies on test that I used before posting. So, my friend I accept you posted first but please also test before posting and I'm not out to be first in anything, just safe.
Reaper.
I tested the file like I tested the file I posted last year for the same issue.
I wont bother again.

i tried this and then reverted to the old summertime summertime settings ie: flash 19/5/15 xmltv update, then reflashed to previous summer settings and all is ok. Correct time, etc.

i tried this and then reverted to the old summertime summertime settings ie: flash 19/5/15 xmltv update, then reflashed to previous summer settings and all is ok. Correct time, etc.

Not quite sure what you mean?

Are you saying that you flashed with the latest firmware to get the XMLTV EPG, then reflashed with the previous firmware version?

If you did, won't you just get the same error back again when you try to update the XMLTV EPG?

no, just worked, synced the time with EPG, just to make sure i deleted the new epg files and updated the new one too. Just keep DBS settings

Have tried this as best I can understand and it doesn't work for me, if I download new epg with new firmware, then revert to old firmware , epg is correct time. But if I try to update epg then same volume error .

might be being dull here but when i updated it, it updated the firmware but i got "no signal" and lost my channel list, when i tried to upload the tpprog.dbs it stil said "no signal", am i missing something obvious? thanks!

Switch box on/off. Sorry, I'm not that technical. Only thing I can think of is that your satellite cables popped out. Also did you save your settings?

yeah all saved and when i updated it to the previous firmware which i had backed up it works fine, it was just when i put the new firmware on?

yeah from freeskystuktv?

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ----------

right panic over, i updated firmware, then re downloaded latest channel list, upgraded that, switched it off and back on and everything is perfect, and the EPG has updated! thanks for your help! and thanks for the download Reaper!

Downloaded the V8 one from the $lybox website, applied it and it works fine now and the time works fine too

I've been using openboxes/skyboxes for many years now, so know my way around them pretty well, but I still can't get my head around your method. Perhaps I'm having a "blonde" day LOL.

no, just worked, synced the time with EPG,...
What do you mean by that? How do you sync the time with the EPG?

...just to make sure i deleted the new epg files and updated the new one too. Just keep DBS settings
How do you delete the EPG files? The only option I get is to update them. There is no delete option. Or do you mean that you plugged the USB stick in the pc & deleted them from there? You mention "keep DBS settings". This option only shows up when you upgrade by USB, but you cannot upgrade the EPG by USB?

Just put on the latest firmware for EPG,...
Done.

...take a dump (save )...
Do you mean dump the whole image? Done. (although I'm not sure why?).

...then use the last summertime fix to fix time.

If by "last summer time fix" you mean the summer time fix from last year:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/57026-bug-fix-summer-time-epg.html

Then that is firmware, but you replied to my previous post "no". I assumed from that, that you didn't install old firmware???

If you did mean install that firmware, then I still get the "EPG decompress failed" error when I try to update the EPG using the old firmware. So it does give a temporary fix for me, but the new firmware will need to be reflashed to the box every 5/7 days to enable the EPG to be updated again.

Last edited:
Back