F3s/F5s XMLTV fix.

hi, newbie here for firmware updates - done update, reformatted usb and downloaded epg and still an hr out - it's just with people saying thanks and working? Am I missing something/another update from the original at the start of the thread?

Many Thanks for all the continued efforts and support on here as always

It seems to me , to summarise
load the new firmware
update epg
load old firmware
repeat every 7days

this will give you an uptodate epg with the correct time

If that's the case couldn't someone just upload the epg files to download and then you could drag it to a usb stick save everyone from having to keep switching firmwares?

It seems to me , to summarise
load the new firmware
update epg
load old firmware
repeat every 7days

this will give you an uptodate epg with the correct time

That's what I suspect as well, but I'm confused by rajsaund's explaination.

Because in theory it shouldn't work, but, it does.
I think the reason it works is because it's so simple.
But will the update work without a hitch at the 7 day upgrade point, let's wait for the result.
And, please stop confusing Mr Kremmen, it's really not fair lol
Reaper.

No, it won't. I didn't say it will, I just tried something and it worked. I know its a pain but I got sick of the now/next thing. I ain't techinical with these boxes, but this fix (supposedly) will have a summertime fix early next week.

So am I right in thinking you flash the new firmware update the epg then remove the usb back up the epg files to laptop re format flash the old firmware then re add the epg files to the usb when formatted again:dunno:

No,
the most convenient way to do this is with two usb's on one USB put the new firmware, on the other USB put the old firmware
first install new firmware
remove USB safely
insert other USB
update EPG
when finished updating
install old firmware
now EPG is uptodate and correct time
when EPG needs updating again insert new firmware USB and install new firmware again, repeat the above steps

Epg

cheers so would it need the auto update to be turned off
I'm sorry but all this old firmware,new firmware,install old update after new update,it seems to me that finding the Knights Templar treasure would be easier that putting on a simple TV guide.hopefully someone next week will come on with a simple download for the usb pen then all we have to do is insert it and upload viola,sorted. I HOPE !!!

Could be a few more problems, with my update today, half the programs on BBC2 remain with ITV.
ITV, ch4 and ch5 all show the same programs, sky1 is empty, other channels look ok, apart from the hour of course.

got mine working on f5s box did both firmwares in about 5 minutes updating the epg was the longest wait cheers guys

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ----------

got mine working on f5s box did both firmwares in about 5 minutes updating the epg was the longest wait cheers guys<br>

Attachments

• f5s xmltv epg.jpg
    f5s xmltv epg.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 37
Spenspens got it. Why are you confused?

I got it as well, as I said in this post:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/70582-f3s-f5s-xmltv-fix-2.html#post393573

but you replied with "no...". So I wasn't sure if you were replying with "no" to the whole post, or "no" to the last sentence?

I really wasn't trying to be pedantic or purposely trying to be difficult, I just couldn't make out what you were trying to describe when you talked about "syncing the time with the EPG" & "deleting EPG files" as I mentioned here:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/70582-f3s-f5s-xmltv-fix-2.html#post393766

So all that needs doing is as Spenspen describes above.

load the new firmware
update epg
load old firmware
repeat every 7days...

...And, please stop confusing Mr Kremmen, it's really not fair lol
Reaper.

I'm at "that age" when I spend my life being confused more often than I'm unconfused. LOL.

Hey Kremmen--confucius say----Suicide not way to clear mind.:drink: just turn to drink.lol
Reaper.

Good advice Mr reaper. That's why I've only just rolled out of bed. hic. :wacko:

Last edited:
Back