F5s box locking up / freezing ?

Hi. I'm new here and wondered if anyone can help.
I have a f5s box that keeps locking up on certain channels. Itv / BBC and more, soon as I go on these channels the box freezes and I have to reboot it to get it working again.
Also most of the Channels are scrambled ?
The guy I bought it from took it away to have it sorted, costs a tenner each time. It came back and worked for a day or so and back to the same crap again.
I have asked him to try a channel update for me but he's saying that there is no recent update.
What are your thoughts on this? Does my box sound like it's nakered or can it be sorted?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi
I am having the issue but my channels are not scrambled. My box is freezing if I go on fta channels and have to reboot the box. But when I turn it back on I have 2-3 seconds to change the channel to stop it from freezing up again. I've got the latest firmware. It's the skybox f3

Hi
I am having the issue but my channels are not scrambled. My box is freezing if I go on fta channels and have to reboot the box. But when I turn it back on I have 2-3 seconds to change the channel to stop it from freezing up again. I've got the latest firmware. It's the skybox f3

defo seems to be the same issue we have. I have just tried a new channel list update which hasn't sorted the issue. now I need to look into updating the firmware.

I don't think there is any new firmware updates in a while. I think my box is about to die having too many issues. Got a new zgemma coming tomorrow.

I was hoping to fix this box as only had it 9 months and expected it to last longer than this,
think it is slowly dyeing on me tho haha
I will have a look at the one you suugested

wondering if anyone could help, I'm struggling to "de-brick" my F5 box I cant seem to download the program required as it says I don't have the programs on my computer to do it? any ideas.

thanks

You need the Rs232 null modem cable [with prolific usb adapter if using laptop], F3/F5 erom upgrade tool, last known file from SkyBox | SkyBox
Now go to the "recover dead skybox using null modem cable" which you will find in the stickies in this forum, and follow the instructions.
Reaper.

Have tried everything today and all I get is the synchronizing STBS....
I've had to give up as its 7:00 and ive been trying all day. I cant find anything else on the internet to help me. Whats the best box to replace it with?

Thanks

Get yourself a Zgemma H2s from the forum sponsor and flash it with wooshbuild, you wont regret it!

F5s

HI my F5s box is doing the same will be fine when I turned it on then after an hr it would fix no matter what channel I'm on and I can't use the remote as I doesn't work while it's froze until I reboot it then I can change channels then it would freeze again after 10 mins. Any help with fixing it I would appreciate it thanks

- - - Updated - - -

HI my F5s box is doing the same will be fine when I turned it on then after an hr it would freeze no matter what channel I'm on and I can't use the remote as I doesn't work while it's froze until I reboot it then I can change channels then it would freeze again after 10 mins. Any help with fixing it I would appreciate it thanks

brilliant, my box has decided to start freezing 10 seconds after power up.

I assume the only way to firmware update is with the RS232 cable?
I ask as i wanted to watch something tomorrow night, & i cant order a cable that fast :-(

Back