F5S No Signal?

trubs86

I am having no end of problems getting my F5S to work, I am getting No Signal (Common thing with the Sky Quad LNB), there are no other boxes connected to the LNB and I have tried using the diode fix and its still not working.

Is there a box that works fine with the Quad LNB? I know someone with a twin LNB that will snap my hand off for this box if I get it working. If all boxes are not too keen on the Quad LNB, Can you recommend a new LNB that will be quite easy to install to the sky dish?

Also - I have installed a test line and it is still coming up scrambled on E4, it WAS working but it seems to have stopped working altogether, the green indicator is on in the setting and it has an IP address, in the CCCcam settings it shows as server offline. I tried 2 different ones from "Well known ;-) " members.

Any ideas? I am pulling my hair out :grin:

I'm not sure why you think there is a common problem with $ly quad LNB. Some members have had problems when using more than 1 box on an LNB, but it was cured by using another $ly quad LNB, or by using the "no signal fix". And that problem only occured on the vertically polarised channels. The horizontally polarised ones were OK.

What is your current problem? Is it "no signal" on all channels, or "scrambled" on some?

If your server is showing OFFLINE, then try the you tube app to see if it shows a list of clips when you click on a category.

Do any of the FTA channels work OK?

E4 and Alibi was working along with a few others.

Sky1 and the movies were not working.

The scrambled issue is a strange one and is intermittent

---------- Post Merged at 10:30 AM ----------

I don't have a youtube app on the F5S

Youtube wasn't working, I reset the router and plugged the powerline adaptor into the mains plug rather than an extension lead, and it works a treat. "Watch+1" is working fine and that was scrambled, so thats solved

Still getting no signal on Sky 1, Movies, Comedy Central and many more :( I tried 2 different cables and no other boxes are plugged into the LNB

I tried my box on a friends dish and it works, so it was my LNB

I looked at it and the muppet who installed it snapped the bracket and taped it on.

Back