Failed to tune on Tuner B Cable Virmin

Hi,

Has anyone else had this issue where it shows an error message from a H2H where it says failed to tune Virmin UK on Tuner B I were using IPAB software and also flashed with 2 different firmwares then then Tuner B had disappeared I have sent the box back but I dont know if there is a way round this if I get another box.

Thanks

Probably would have been better to keep your box so we could try and rectify your issue.
The could have been lots of reasons for the tuner issue.

need more info: did you setup tuner B in tuner config? did you set the providers within ABM & select the correct net ID for your area?
It is possible you had a faulty tuner (very unlikely), more often than not its a missed or wrong setting that returns 'failed to tune'. What area NET ID are you using? (in the last few days VM have been making changes that have effected ABM's ability to scan in a few area's).

I were looking on this forum at threads about this and following what other users have said but when I tried all that it still woudnt work would be great if someone else has had this issue and can share what they did to fix this before I get another

Thanks

Yeah I set up Tuner B correctly with the Net ID as 41048 Manchester is the closest one to where i am could it of been something as simple as changing the Net ID/Frequency where it scans for channels is that the reason it came back as tuner failed? I have a second box in my home and that one dosent have any issues like the new one I got did and it also had ipab software on is that reliable, I set it up the same as my other box and it werent working

Thanks

manchester netids:
Manchester 1 NTL ex C&W 41040
Manchester 2 NTL ex C&W 41060
41048 is Burnley, Runcorn, Widnes, Blackburn and surprisingly, Southampton

Yeah 41048 is what I use as I'm in those areas you specified and when I did a search then it came back with tuner failed
if you go to tuner config, have you got tuner a as not configured?
in Tuner B, do you have country set to UK?
and region set to Virgin Media UK all systems?

Yeah I did all that to after looking through previous posts from other users and still came back as tuner failed what other reason could it be

cable in the wrong socket at the back, cable not connected to splitter properly, cable cracked, frayed or otherwise useless

h2h setup.jpg

It were all working fine up until this morning and when it ran the scheduled scan overnight then since the tuner has locked up and woudnt let me rescan

the settings could have corupted, which is why you need to check they are all still as they were before, then go to autbouquetsmaker
update provider files
then run a scan

Yeah I checked all settings then selected update provider files and still nothing really don't know why it woudnt work then I have also flashed it on another box and the tuner dosent even show up only the satellite tuner

Yeah I checked all settings then selected update provider files and still nothing really don't know why it woudnt work then I have also flashed it on another box and the tuner dosent even show up only the satellite tuner

Flashed what? - if you are talking about IPAB, this has been discontinued and is no longer supported, better to download the newest openatv for your box, then adding wooshbuild infinity or grogbuild freerange

Yeah I flashed it with an openatv image off here and then the cable tuner were no longer there only the satellite and that one is useless when it's a cable box

Back