FAQ: Should I Buy A Cable Box?

Yes, you would need to get VM installed then... why wait - better to get it set up and start saving straight away. You never know how long CS is going to last on cable so the sooner you get it, the more chance you have of making a good saving.

You cannot load a VM gift onto an official VM box - you will need another box with a DVB-C tuner as mentioned earlier in this thread :)
Hello mate

I ordered the smallest TV package 30 day rolling on Sunday 23rd and the nearest date for the engineer to visit is 17th Aug :(

When you say cancel VM within 14 days would this be when I placed the order or when the engineer visits and installs the feed?

Still got to do some research on the Zgemma cable box I will buy.

Just want to have everything set up when the football returns.

Great Post Ste. I've got a 5.2tc on the way and just wondered if you or any body else knows if there are any other cheaper receivers that i can use in another room at home as i get multiroom on my line, Im not too bothered about the OS and layout it is purely to watch sport.Thanks again.

If you don't have a Superhub 3 from VM, you can use the V8 Golden which is about £45 or failing that, there's the Zgemma H2.H for £70.

Remember also that if you plan on splitting the feed into other rooms, you will probably suffer some signal loss and require a powered HDU to keep signal levels in line with VM standard.

If you don't have a Superhub 3 from VM, you can use the V8 Golden which is about £45 or failing that, there's the Zgemma H2.H for £70.

Remember also that if you plan on splitting the feed into other rooms, you will probably suffer some signal loss and require a powered HDU to keep signal levels in line with VM standard.

So after a mistake buying a sat box as i had two spare feeds in the room, ive decided to try the cable route.
Questions..I currently use vm and have a v6 box, so from the white box i have a single cable going round to the router then onto the tivo? So before i cancel vm i need a stable easy to use system. Where should i split the feed? By the vm box? So i can run them side by side to get the family used to the system? Definitely want to watch one record others like now so box suggestion?

So after a mistake buying a sat box as i had two spare feeds in the room, ive decided to try the cable route.
Questions..I currently use vm and have a v6 box, so from the white box i have a single cable going round to the router then onto the tivo? So before i cancel vm i need a stable easy to use system. Where should i split the feed? By the vm box? So i can run them side by side to get the family used to the system? Definitely want to watch one record others like now so box suggestion?

Do you already have a 2 way splitter at present - 1 for the V6 and 1 for the router?

The zgemma H5.2TC will let you record 1 cable channel whilst recording another cable channel - it also has 1 satellite tuner in it so you can record a 3rd (freesat) channel on the satellite tuner also. You can buy boxes with more cable tuners but obviously a lot more expensive. The main downside of the zgemma is, no internal hard drive or option to fit one so you'd need an external storage device.

Ah...id like the drive built in...yes i think my feed splits so one into router and then onto teevo. Should i get a three way there, rather than another two way further up?

Ah...id like the drive built in...yes i think my feed splits so one into router and then onto teevo. Should i get a three way there, rather than another two way further up?

For a box with a built in hard drive, I think you're looking at £200+ ... yes, replace the 2 way with a 3 way as it's not recommended adding more splitters to the cable as it lowers the signal even further.

Also, you can insert a small 128gb USB nano drive in the back of a zgemma box - this will give you about 70 hours of SD recording.

You should! Just ordered! Got the three way splitter as well, wheres best to get the webr made up cable lengths? I only need two meters

Last edited:
Back