Farmville plants seed on iPhone

7thsinger

VIP Member
Whether you spent all day waiting in line, or gushing over your new iPhone 4 that arrived in the mail, or simply bemoaning that you’re stuck with your old 3GS instead, the fine folks at Zynga have a new iOS game you can now kick back and relax with. Yes, FarmVille has arrived for the iPhone (and of course it works on the iPad, too).

Not familiar with FarmVille? It’s the virtual farming game with more than 100 million users on Facebook—including nearly 64 million active members per month. You grow and harvest virtual crops, take care of virtual livestock, and post Facebook status updates that bombard all your non-FarmvVlle-playing friends.

If you already have a FarmVille farm on Facebook—and sheesh, given the numbers, you probably do—you can access it from your iOS device. But you can also create a brand new farm, too. While the game is free, Zynga makes its money by charging for in-game items and gifts, which on the iPhone uses in-app purchasing, naturally. Zynga promises “several exclusive market items and gifts” will be available only to folks farming from iOS devices.

FarmVille requires iOS 3.0 or higher, is iOS 4.0-tested, and is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

its a game that i have avoided religiously, but there are quite a few around here that were using it a lot

its a game that i have avoided religiously, but there are quite a few around here that were using it a lot

erm im guilty and a few others i could mention that are much higher than me lol! Ive not tried it on my ipod, i do see a farm game come up when i play Coin or cookie dozer. Maybe i should go on fm on my ipod touch and see lol! If your on the TK facebook then well you might see who has farmville if you become their friend. LOL!!

Ahhhhh yes.....I am proud to admit to being a FarmVille addict....as some of y'all who have me on facebook can attest to.....especially seeing the number of "farming" posts I do.....and some of y'all still have me friended even tho I do!!

Back