FAT32 or EXFAT

didenno

Hi, i am about to change my usb that i use for recording as its not enough storage but i'm not sure about formatting first. Do i initialise straight from the packaging on my box or do i have to format it first on my pc? If i have to format via pc, do i format to fat32 or exfat32. Once done on pc i then go ahead and initialise?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but i cant see the wood for the trees but i appreciate the help from all the experts here

Hi, i am about to change my usb that i use for recording as its not enough storage but i'm not sure about formatting first. Do i initialise straight from the packaging on my box or do i have to format it first on my pc? If i have to format via pc, do i format to fat32 or exfat32. Once done on pc i then go ahead and initialise?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but i cant see the wood for the trees but i appreciate the help from all the experts here

I always use Minitool Partition Wizard to format Hdd's, USB's and MicroSD's on my PC.
Delete the existing partition and create a Primary Ext4 partition and it will work without needing to initialise on the box.

I connected a brand new Toshiba portable HDD up to my h2s the other day and just let the box initialize it. Worked fine but beginning to think 1tb is a bit overkill lol. Might come in handy at Xmas so the misses can record all the crap movies that get shown

I connected a brand new Toshiba portable HDD up to my h2s the other day and just let the box initialize it. Worked fine but beginning to think 1tb is a bit overkill lol. Might come in handy at Xmas so the misses can record all the crap movies that get shown

I do the same with new drives or USB sticks which are going to be initialised, not much point in a Windows format as the box removes it anyway.

As long as you remember to record "A Christmas Carole" with Alistair Simm your crimbo film collection is complete.

Back