Few questions about ZGemma boxes / multiroom setup / IPTV

Qbert1

Hi,

Im hoping you guys can help.

Ive been using DVBViewer media server with SAT>IP servers from 3 satellites (hotbird 13e, astra 19.2 & astra 28.2). I have 4 quad SAT>IP servers connected to my network giving me 16 DVBS inputs. Front end ive been using Kodi on Amazon Fire TV boxes with the DVB Viewer PVR plugin. It was a pretty good setup - I could schedule recordings in either my lounge or bedroom, watch recorded TV in different rooms, record, pause, rewind live TV etc. Problem was the reliability. Hardware wasnt the issue, and DVB viewer media server works fine... its Kodi and the amazon fire TV boxes. I bought a Nvidia Shield box to compare - and yes its quicker but still not how i want things. Ive got a 10TB server connected onto my netwrok at home & want the ability to series link record live TV so i can populate TV shows, i want to also be able to record movies and also radio shows.

Anyway... few days ago i played abound with a Zgemma H2S box. I was quite impressed at how quick and reliable it has been watching UK Freesat TV so ive ended up buying a Zgemma H7S & i55 box. My plan is to use the Zgemma boxes to stream live TV around my house and give me the ability to reliably record A LOT of live FTA TV.

After 2 days of playing about ive managed to get both boxes up and running, have generated my m3u IPTV lists (from my DVB Viewer server) and loaded the channel lists onto the boxes. Ive managed to mount a network storage HDD for live TV recordings, have just installed the slyk skin (nice) on both boxes and installed epg plugins to populate the TV guide. I have briefly tested the setup and managed to record 3 TV shows successfully at once whilst watching live TV on both boxes (through IPTV) - I can see the SAT>IP servers streaming correctly. Im now at the point where i need some help...

1) It it possible to somehow link EPGs between boxes so I could set a show to record in my bedroom and the 'recording flag' on the EPG update on the box in my other room? In Kodi the DVBViewer PVR plugin would provide this functionality in Kodi PVR, but obviously doesnt on OpenTV / Linux.

2) Is it possible to 'group' TV recordings? So for example by series or TV show? - This was a function i liked in Kodi as DVB viewer would create recording structures based on UI settings.

3) Ive got a library of movies and TV series also on my server. Can i get these setup with my Zgemma boxes? or is it best to stick with Kodi / Plex? I like all the artwork, IMDB ratings etc so would need to be a plugin that makes the movies show up with poster images etc... i dont want a folder structure and a list of MKV files.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

i will try and help,if i record say 6 months of emmerdale all those recordings will be listed together with newest at the top and oldest at the bottom.
is it a nas drive and if so it can be added to mounts for any e2 box to access to play movies.
regarding epg i would assume to have it setup on both boxes to access,recordings might be possible to send to where you want them to go but not 100% on that.

Thanks,

so yeah ok thats good that recordings will list together.

i have got a HDD added to 'mounts' and testing a few recordings things seem to be working.

does it depend on skins how the recorded tv structure is displayed?

i just use a standard skin and no picons,but i have tried a few and yes structure is changed like a different background,but some skins are not usable as put box into a wobbly error mode.

Back