File Alert Monitor

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
No matter what you need in relation to computer software or no matter what pops into your head regarding an idea? The odds are that in 99% percent of the cases someone else has had that situation before you & has already created or found the solution. The other 1% must all be inventors or entrepreneurs lol

I have a small home network here consisting of 5 machines. I also have one shared folder which is accessible to all on the network. We basically use it to share bits and bobs amongst each other here at home. Sometimes I might pop a link to a Youtube video into it for my son to look at or maybe a tutorial or Word Doc for my daughter or a piece of software that they need for whatever. I noticed that sometimes I’d ask the son to pop something in there for me or I’d tell him I would pop something he was looking for in there but it was always reliant on whoever remembering to check that folder or you might have put something in there but were not talking to the individual & they wouldn’t be aware of it’s existence. I thought, wouldn’t it be nice to be automatically notified when anything new was happening with that shared folder?

Google was immediately called upon to see if anyone else had ever needed & found a solution for some similar requirement. Guess what? They had!

It’s called File Alert Monitor & it’s a tiny free App that let’s you monitor any folder, networked or just an ordinary folder on you system, it doesn’t matter.

It monitors the folder for any or all of these scenarios:

New file added

File removed\deleted

File changed\edited\updated

It notifies all who have it installed whenever changes occur, using visual display box, audible sound from the system or one of your choice or both.

You can set the time lapse between checks & even get it to monitor all file types or only certain file types.

It also has the option to log all activity to a text file (your choice).

It couldn’t be easier to use, simple add the folder or folders you wish to monitor, tic the boxes for which options you require it to monitor & you’re good to go.

It works across all versions of Windows too, including seven.

famwindow7055876.gif

Download: File Alert Monitor

-

Back