Windows 10 Files Always Open with Notepad or save as notepad

jolly3434

[h=1]Hi
i am trying to save my line' zgemma' , but every time i save it, the file always opens as notepad or saves as notepad.
[/h]i am using windows 10 and firefox as my explorer, wasnt sure to post this in windowns help or in zgemma posts, plase move it to right area if i have?
thankyou

Hi.

I am trying to save my line' zgemma' , but every time i save it, the file always opens as notepad or saves as notepad.

Do you mean the files are saved with the *.txt extension? If so just rename it [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the line newcamd.list is already attached on my email, when i download it to my usb to put it in the wooshbuild, the line saves as notepad, or did, now they wont open saying these can modify or damage your system.
i clicked on the 'always' open with notepad by mistake and now nothing is opening.

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 PM ----------

Hi.

I am trying to save my line' zgemma' , but every time i save it, the file always opens as notepad or saves as notepad.

Do you mean the files are saved with the *.txt extension? If so just rename it [emoji14]

i clicked on the 'always' open with notepad by mistake and now nothing is opening.

the line newcamd.list is already attached on my email, when i download it to my usb to put it in the wooshbuild, the line saves as notepad, or did, now they wont open saying these can modify or damage your system.

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 PM ----------

Hi.

What you have told windoze to do is always use notepad to open all files with a *.list extension. I assume the file has been supplied by your provider and contains all the required info so I am unsure why you are trying to open it. Simply transfer the newcamd.list (without tampering with it) to your box and all should work fine!

the line has all the info from provider, but now just trying to save it on usb stick it wont save, saves to my computer each time i tried and wont open.

the line has all the info from provider, but now just trying to save it on usb stick it wont save, saves to my computer each time i tried and wont open.

We seem to be going around in circles.

Delete the file you've tried to open and download a fresh copy from your email and DON'T OPEN IT!!! Then simply drag and drop it to your USB stick? If this is what you are trying to do, what error do you get when transferring it?

i have tried that, file is downloading as winrar now, no error tranfering, just saves as winrar file and it wont open,
i am using firefox, could that be the problem

So it's a .rar file

Right click on the file and choose, if you have that option, unzip or extract. The file that comes out of it is the file you need to transfer to the box.

If you can't unzip/extract the file, download 7zip or winrar. But Windows 10 shouldt have a build in zip program. So you shouldt also be able to extract the rar with a right click and choose open with. Then you see the options also.

Last edited:
Back