Windows 7 Files Taking Ages To Copy And Paste

nickyboy4

Any ideas on why it takes so long to copy and paste files in windows 7? I've done the upgrade to windows 10 but decided to go back to windows 7. I'm basically copying files from my downloads folder to a usb stick, my computer i a Core i5 with 8gb memory so don't think it's a pc issue, i try to keep a grip on my pc so it isn't full of malware and crap like that it just seems slow when copying.

Copying to a USB stick is limited by the USB itself and has never been quick on larger files.
I find it quicker to do one file at a time rather than have a number of transfers going so as to not share resources.

yes on torrent sites what that got to do with usb going slow and i dont notice difference on usb 3 to 2 using 8gig kingston usb3 stick

Last edited:
I have had this lots of times myself when using torrent sites,you think your computer in clean but there is loads of hidden malware which slows it down,1554leslie helped me before with same thing

i use a seedbox and stream in kodi no malware on this pc or ftp cant get virus in mkv or avi file and dont download software

you can disable write caching on the usb stick to speed up file copy to the usb stick but you must use the safely remove hardware icon in system tray to remove usb drive from usb port or you'll lose data. with the usb drive in your port go to my computer then:

right click on usb drive, select properties then hardware tab
click on the usb device then click on properties
on the next window that pops up select policies and change removal policy to better performance then click OK. don't mess with the write caching settings.
enjoy faster transfer rates to / from your usb drive

Thanks for all your input-tried all those but still seems slow, decided that if this is gonna be the bigest problem in my life i'll just put up with it!

usb is slow that is the way it is and a lot of these flash drives are not that quick anyway.

Can you not just network your tv up or get another media box and stream them over the network far better way to do it

Back