1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fine for having a zgemma

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by wickerman999, Mar 20, 2017.

1. wickerman999

wickerman999 Member

Hi all,

I do apologise for asking this, but I was talking to an IT techy guy the other day and happened to slip out that I have a zgemma and it is great!.
    He also said that he had a few of them but wont use them as he doesn't want to end up in jail....he advised that I do the same..

So, what would say the reality is that I get prosecuted for having a zgemma is?

Ta

2. mbath

mbath TK Veteran Forum Supporter

The likes of sly and vermin are after the big boys not end users like you

3. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

He's talking crap pal the zgemma is a fta digital reciever you can't be jailed for having one

Philios33, bangord30 and Tezzers like this.
  4. Tezzers

Tezzers Member

Correct Nicky, plus they would have to build a lot more prisons to hold us all :D

abz450 and bangord30 like this.
  5. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

"but officer--I purchased my box as a plug and play---didn't realise it wasn't legal,"
    "OK Mrs Reaper, I believe you, and because you are so honest I will not report you if you can get me one as well";)
    Reaper.

6. Tezzers

Tezzers Member

I hope i get the same copper reaper LOL

7. chunna

chunna Member

I'd ask to buy the ones he's not using!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

Alot of our local force use these boxes

9. Philios33

Philios33 Member

Worst case,, a small fine and your equipment taken away,, just never download anything to share and your good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mbath

They can't take anything away as mentioned by someone else the box is a FTA receiver

11. the reaper

Wrong----any equipment or apparatus can and will be confiscated by a sworn member of the law if found to be or being used for illegal activities.If proven then you can be fined or imprisoned or both.
    Reaper.

PS--Been there, seen it and lost it [very expensive kit]
    Also banned by the friends of Rupert.[not the bear lol]

bangord30 likes this.
  12. mbath

What jua
    What for just owning the box?

13. the reaper

If you use any broadcasting /receiving apparatus illegally, the law is not your friend--but still has to be proven in a court of law.
    Think of the equipment confiscated in the pirate radio raids in London and elsewhere.
    I got stitched up and lost a few grand in kit and fines a few years back--common knowledge---but now at least I know who my real friends are.
    Reaper.

bangord30 and mbath like this.
  14. mbath

Thanks for the info. Ps I liked your post for honesty not the fact that you got caught!! Unlucky.

bangord30 likes this.
  15. moonman77

moonman77 Member

By any chance are you in Ireland???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. the reaper

No--UK/Malta and Bulgaria----think I'm still British lol
    Reaper.

bangord30 likes this.
  17. moonman77

moonman77 Member

There's loads of jealous people going around scare mongering. Don't listen to them. I was told the same thing only to find out the guy was thrown out of his birds house and she kept the box.

18. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

Half the site is from Ireland lol

It's a fta box and sold as.
    Just like torrents and pressure cookers, illegal things can be done with them, but not sold as

bangord30 likes this.
  19. moonman77

moonman77 Member

Very true here in Ireland a mate got all his pirate radio equipment taken from ComReg. The bastards.

20. the reaper

Anyway--why worry---enjoy life as it is----lose a box get another and pay the fine.
    Pirate boxes have been around for over 35 years and millions use them including the rich and famous so keep it quiet and just enjoy.
    Reaper.

bangord30 and moonman77 like this.