Fire TV Stick 4K with All-New Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player

I have a 1st gen Firestick, its in the bedroom so don't use it very often. I find it takes a long time to load (well, longer than other devices) and then its like you click a button and then there is a delay between pressing and it doing anything. Once the app is loaded that I wish to use it's fine, it's just the initial start up that annoys me, I'm just impatient.

I did buy a 2nd gen which was a lot better, but I sent it back as I decided to upgrade to an Nvidia Shield.

I used to have a Fire TV box as well, they were good, a lot better than the stick IMHO, much faster etc, I only got rid of that as I bought an E2 box.

1st gens sounded shite then, I got 2nd and can’t tell he difference between box and stick.

Looking forward to new amazon stick release

just got a couple of 4k fire sticks in the black friday deals, wondering how best to set this thing up, have used 2nd gen fire sticks in the past with a couple of apps: perfect player & STB but is there a better app? also now that apps have been/are being removed from the app store anyone got any pointers on finding/installing the best missing apps.

For IPTV I just use my suppliers own app, which is their own modded version of Smarters IPTV.

Installing apps, you could use ADBFire from a laptop, Apps2Fire from your phone/Android device.

just got a couple of 4k fire sticks in the black friday deals, wondering how best to set this thing up, have used 2nd gen fire sticks in the past with a couple of apps: perfect player & STB but is there a better app? also now that apps have been/are being removed from the app store anyone got any pointers on finding/installing the best missing apps.
IPTV smarters pro probably your best bet, I just use the normal version not branded but some suppliers do have them. You can still use downloader as far as I'm aware for install.

I decided not to be so lazy & went looking.... found links for iptv smarters so installed that as heard its new & recommended, just need to get sub converted so I can give it a go, went the downloader route & followed the vid I found.

Update: both vpn & sub installed, the reason I wanted one of these new 4k firesticks was to test the VOD section of my sub as Enigma2 struggles to clear most VOD, the firestick plays ALL including the 4k content on our 4k TV. For such a small outlay I am impressed with how well the 4k firestick performs :)

Last edited:
I decided not to be so lazy & went looking.... found links for iptv smarters so installed that as heard its new & recommended, just need to get sub converted so I can give it a go, went the downloader route & followed the vid I found
Hi, one major difference betweem Smarters and PP is when closing app you are not auto logged out, so if you have 1 line sub and want to view on an alternative device you have to select account and then log out.

IPTV smarters pro probably your best bet, I just use the normal version not branded but some suppliers do have them. You can still use downloader as far as I'm aware for install.
Hi mate. I am wondering if you can help me. I use downloader to download an app for IPTV. In Gen 2 stick even now the tinyurl works no problems. On my new 4k stick though it will not run. Downloader is fine but that Url will not go through. says unknown server error. Apps from unknown sources etc is set on so not that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

I have the same issue with new 4K firestick using downloader. Error message when trying to download Iptv apps. Had to use adbfire from my pc to install them.

The tinyurl code in downloader downloads the app I need mate not a player to load a playlist. Are there any other apps that you can search a tinyurl on firestick or can you go to web browser and manually search it etc?
The only ones I have used on a Firestick are Smarters and STB emu pro. Is it a m3u file you have?

Also apps2fire have you tried that on the 4K stick?
I havnt tried them as unsure how to use them. Can you put a tinyurl into them? i have STB EMU but this player is more stable for my service. Once downloaded you just login with username and password rather that typing any M3U files in or urls

I have the same issue with new 4K firestick using downloader. Error message when trying to download Iptv apps. Had to use adbfire from my pc to install them.
Any ideas why? Have they somehow blocked it? I havnt used adbfire. Is it easy? How would I do it with a tinyurl code which downloads the app?

I havnt tried them as unsure how to use them. Can you put a tinyurl into them? i have STB EMU but this player is more stable for my service. Once downloaded you just login with username and password rather that typing any M3U files in or urls
Why not just use IPTV Smarters from the link I sent you?

If you have your username, password and portal you should be able to use any app you want unless it requires mac code activation like STB emu.
Ok mate thanks. Any ideas about downloader? Just saw on the apps2fire download page one fo the developers saying an update from Amazon ahs caused issues with there app?

Back