Firmware for Zgemma H2H box

Spiller7

Hi all,

I've just had my zgemma h2h box delivered today (excited) it has Open ATV installed on it - However reading the various posts within this forum suggest that I need to flash it? Is that correct and if so which firmware should I use to flash it with?

Also should I create a backup before the flash?

a step by step guide would be really appreciated.

Thanks

It depends if you bought the box set up with a line etc. if so, it should be pretty much plug and play.

If you bought the box "as is" then it will just have a plain firmware on there so easier to just flash some firmware onto it which is pretty much good to go. There's plenty of different firmare available (DOWNLOADS) tab at top of page.

Here's my thread which may help too > http://www.techkings.org/threads/my-h2-h-set-up-thread-using-wooshbuild.127252/

EDIT: dave100 beat me to it :grin:

Nothing to back up then, just flash it using the guides and help of forum members then purchase / add your line to the box and away you go :)

The Zgemma box has Open ATV version 5.3 - do I need to update for latest Open ATV version before flashing?
As the only wooshbuild I can find is for Open ATV 6.

ATV is the version of firmware - Wooshbuild is based on ATV and V6 is the latest one so you don't need to do anything apart from install Wooshbuild which as said uses the latest version of ATV (V6).

Yeah, I've been onto admin about that - they have deleted it for some unknown reason... the admin member who I contacted said they didn't delete it personally so must have been another member of the team. The thread could have belonged in various sections of the forum as it pertained to different boxes / builds really but there you go...

It's just basically telling you that you can access your zgemma on your computer network so under My Computer or This PC depending on which version of Windows you're using (this can be done on a mac too) then under the Network tab on the left of the screen, your zgemma will be listed here so you can easily access it to add / edit / remove line info. Once you go into it, you go into the ROOT folder then the USR folder then the KEYS folder.

Back