five minute tuna snack

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Don't know if this has already been posted but can't see it, it's for a basic sandwich mix using tuna, and I can tell you that once tried, it will become a regular in your house!

for one person, You will need:

One normal sized tin of tuna chunks, (in brine is better)

Half an onion, finely chopped (half a small onion, you are aiming at about 2 tbs of chopped onion per person)

two eggs, hard boiled and cooled

salt, black pepper and mayonnaise

hard boil two eggs, don't attempt to soft boil them as the mixture ends up runny and horrid, meanwhile drain the tuna and squeeze any excess water from the can by pushing the lid down.

Finely chop half an onion and place in a mixing bowl with the tuna, when the eggs have cooled, finely chop them, (it's easier to do this in a cup) and mix with the tuna and onions, mix well, adding salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add two heaped tablespoons of good quality mayo and mix well again.

Heap on barm cakes, tiger bread or your favourite bread of choice and enjoy

Last edited:
I might try this but instead of tuna in brine replace it with tuna in sunflower oil but drain the sunflower oil, I don't like the taste of brine

As with any recipe, feel free to tweak as some people don't like salt or pepper, tuna in brine or oil, full fat mayo or mayo lite etc.
Whatever tastes you have.

don't think I'd like tuna on toast tho...although I do have sardines on toast so i suppose it's not far off that...

Back