Flahing Open ATV 5.3 and Keeping current settings

hiranuk

Hi

I have a Zgemma H2 that is on Open ATV 5.1 and using Slyk1 HD Skin, i can see that there is an update available for Open ATV it is Open ATV 5.3 I wolud like to update to that firmware but keep all my settings, like the skins, softcams, plugins etc

When i take a full backup of my current image and then go an flash the new image ATV 5.3 then go and load my backedup image, all my seetings are lost and also it still shows that i am on Open ATV 5.1 and not 5.3

Is there a way i can update the firmware to 5.3 but also keep all my current settings. I have tried the backup settings in the menu of open atv and then restored it after updating to 5.3 but this still sets the box back to default settings.

I just dont want to have to manaully download and install all the softcam, skins, plugins etc.

can anyone help, thanks

If you flash it from the menu you can yes
go to software management and flash online
choose online and download the which one you want and when it's near done it will ask you if you want to restore from old backup. In there is will restore from old backup with some plugins, doesn't do them all well not the ones I had. Then you can restore your system settings too and your box should have all new 5.3 but with your settings

Back