Flash Question

mattyk

Hi,

I have just got my box and I am having some issues flashing it with the New Vix Hades zgemmastar 2s sucmnsee backup (will work fine on h1, h2 & s too).
It just boots up as normal each time, do I need anything other than the power and USB (with zgemma folder) connected to the box when trying to flash it?

If so what else should be connected and where should it go?

Thanks
Matt

Some usbs seem not to work very well Do a low level format with a program called HDD Guru low level format tool
Then a full widows format (not quick )
Then place Zgemma folder on usb and try

See my thread mate , I was in same boat . Bought a new Kingston traveller usb formatted as stated above and worked first time ;-)

Not sure how you have it at the minute but you have to make sure the usb stick is connected to the back usb socket for flashing. Also once you have powered it up and it says usb on the front press the power button on the front of the box and it should come up saying fl5h (flash) on the lcd. I don't use that image so not 100% sure it's the same process but I'd assume so.

Thanks everyone I have now managed to flash the box with a 8GB stick.

I have ordered my gift and have a 2TB external hard drive that I want to use for storage. When I receive my gift can I just remove the 8GB stick, plug the 2TB hard drive in and continue with the setup? Or do I still need the Zgemma folder on the 8GB stick?

As soon as you have flashed it you should delete that folder. Especially as you say that you just power it on to flash it or else the next time it gets turned on and off it will flash it again.

You can still set it up before your gift arrives if you like ( with your 2tb plugged in) as you will still get the free channels and your pay channels will still be in the right places just scrambled. Then when your gift arrives it'll be ready to transfer the details to the box to unscramble the pay channels.

Does time shift work with vix on fat32? With openatv I had to format my 2tb to ext3 (then 4) using the box for timeshift to work. Gave me an error telling me so when tried ito pause with fat32? (Doesn't matter to me just wondered if it was another difference between the images. )

Same for Vix but normally switches straight to ext 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to continue the setup and keep getting 'Timeout for tuner lock' error. I am using only a single sky feed and have set tuner B to not connected.

Should the sky feed go into tuner A or the LNB IN?

As you only have 1 cable put tuner A on single 28.2 and tuner B not configured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back