Flashed H2s with 2s and now the box wont boot

Bobby84

ive stupidly spent the last hour trying to flash my h2s with basebuild only to discover iv been trying to install the 2S version. the box did flash and installed something when I flashed through the menus but now its wont boot up. just says BOOT on the panel with the red standby light on. it wont respond to the remote either. ive now got the correct version of what need on the usb stick but ive no idea how to flash it if it wont boot up.

please help as I told my wife this box would be up and running for her getting home fromm work.

any advice would be great.

many thanks.

You need to have BaseBuild for the H2S on your USB stick.

there is a zgemma folder which has a h3 folder in it and 5 files in that.

Put it in your front USB port, turn the box on and the box should flash.
doh.gif

ive stupidly spent the last hour trying to flash my h2s with basebuild only to discover iv been trying to install the 2S version. the box did flash and installed something when I flashed through the menus but now its wont boot up. just says BOOT on the panel with the red standby light on. it wont respond to the remote either. ive now got the correct version of what need on the usb stick but ive no idea how to flash it if it wont boot up.

please help as I told my wife this box would be up and running for her getting home fromm work.

any advice would be great.

many thanks.

with the usb inserted, when the box is powering up hold the on/off button on the front in until the led says flash, release it and hopefully it will flash

thanks for the quick response. I have the correct basebuild and the usb in in the front port but the box just displays BOOT with the red stanby light on and wont do anything.

any thoughts?

many thnks

when powering up and holding the power on and off on the front of the box does this not change it to flash?

ive done as you have all said and the box wont come out of that boot mode. wont respond to the power button on the front being held in. tried holding it in and then powering up but its displays BOOT with the red light beside it. also tried both usb ports. am I missing something?

---------- Post Merged at 03:25 PM ----------

is there not any way to reset the box without it powering up?

No, there is no reset button on them.

Download the latest nightly build: http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmah2s/openatv-5.3-zgemmah2s-20160622_usb.zip

Extract it to USB, make sure there is nothing else on the stick and try flashing with that first. You will need to press the front silver power button once when the display reads USB.

I presume you have the box turned off when you put the new USB stick in?

yeh the box has been switched off before moving the usb stick. you recon it will read the usb stick while its this state of freezness?

No which is why it needs to be off before the USB is inserted. The bit which reads the USB stick is prior to any other boot procedure and is the first thing it tries to do.

It is very very hard to fully brick one of these boxes.

is this another case of the USB not being read by the box because it was left in the usb port after the box rebooted? IF so its the same answer....prep the USB: low level format with hddguru then full fat32 format with windows then load image & try again. IF it is as above then the usb stick has been altered by the box after reboot & you need to prep it again or the box wont read from it.

ok. its went to usb theni hit the power and changed to flash. it has booted up and is now like it was before I gubbed it. I assume now I just wipe the usb, put the CORRECT basebuild on and boom, that's me?

But was it done before the missus got home?

I have a bit of cheese left over from my dinner if you want some mate, I only play at night time as that way I have all day to fix it when I break it :-)

Hi
I am also having trouble flashing my box while trying to install the Wooshbuild.
I have put the Zgemma folder on two different USB sticks, tried booting from front and back USB's. Also tried holding power button in when switching on the box.
I am doing this for a friend who has a H2 box...I have done this before with my own H2S box and that time worked great...any ideas please.

Back