Flashing a zgemma H5.2tc

hash69

I have tried 5 different flash drives on this box cruzer/samsung/kingston/2 no name flash
each flash i have formatted hddguru and windows Fat32 full formats the box is just going to boot not even attempting a flash
never had any issues flashing other boxes with these flash drives
where could the problem be here could it be this box or the wooshbuild base build that was released for the box ?

It`s the box m8, try a deep format on a small usb stick, the put the Zgemma folder back into it and keep trying, These boxes as really shit for flashing, ive had it numerous time, but i do eventually get there m8..

Hi Mate when you say a deep format do you mean a full format not a quick format ? i have done that couple of these flash are over 20 gig its so frustrating formatting then getting no joy i have been trying to flash this box since yesterday wasted about 10 hours on it so far i'll never get back ha ha ..the actual open atv 6.0 is not so bad i am just used to navigating through wooshbuild your experience with the box getting it sorted has give me a glimmer of hope so i'll give it a few more goes thanks for the reply !

Why don't you copy the basebuild to your hdd and couch flash it from the Image Manager.
You know what i was thinking about that myself but from searching about looking at what other people have s done about their own issues trying to flash i have not seen that mentioned so thought it wasn't possible
how would i go about doing that what plugin do i need would dream explorer run it ?

I don't do ATV myself but I think you extract the basebuild and copy the zgemma folder to /hdd/images/

Menu > Setup > Software Management > Flash Online/Local and I think it's blue button for local.
Select the zgemma folder and press the button for flash.

Are you trying to flash using front usb port or rear? you need to use the rear usb port for flashing on the h5.2tc

I don't do ATV myself but I think you extract the basebuild and copy the zgemma folder to /hdd/images/

Menu > Setup > Software Management > Flash Online/Local and I think it's blue button for local.
Select the zgemma folder and press the button for flash.
Wilko you are a star that suggestion worked the box is flashed can't belive how many threads i have read and not noticed this way of doing it
cheers mate much appreciated

grog68 m8.. ive never ever used the rear port, ive always used the front, and ive always got there in the end m8, and ive also change the noforce file to force [ just for the hell of it m8... as i dont believe is make a great deal of difference ] lol .... i truly believe that these boxes are as temperamental as they come, and, yes i do have a Zgeema H5,2TC.. but they are certainly not the best of boxes m8.....

When I first ordered the h5.2tc's air digital told me that it needs to be flashed using the rear port, I've never known this with other boxes and have used the front port on the HS2 etc. I have tried flashing the h5.2tc with the front port with no joy, yet it works every time using the rear.

I am not saying these boxes aren't temperamental but just passing on the info I have.

Well m8, im gonna try it the next time i'm asked to flash one of these boxes, and here hoping it fires up the first time of asking....cheers bud...

Just sorted 1, USB in BACK Slot turn white power switch on on back.

Wait for "USB" to appear on front display

press power button on front....

"FLSH" should appear

Job done....Very good image by the way :(y):

funny enough I flashed using the front a few days ago without an issue so I stand corrected, strange how air digital told me inserting into the rear was the way to do it.

Back