Flashing H5.2TC

S1991

I'm having a little trouble flashing my new H5.2TC I've followed instructions downloaded wooshbuild to usb a when i put it into the box and turn on it says boot but then loads numbers but doesn't flash, can any1 help pls?

Make sure just the complete zgemma folder is on the usb device and not the .zip file ... use a small usb drive if you can 1gb-4gb ideally - you may need to format it on a pc.

Yes, if the box loads up at present then I think you can FTP the .zip file onto the receiver then install from there.

Are you putting the USB stick in the rear port, on the H52tc you need to use the rear port for flashing.

If it doesn't flash, then leave the usb stick in and then once booted up press the Blue button and select flash online from the menu on the right, on the next screen press the relevant button for Local (blue button I think) and then browse to the /media/hdd/zgemma/h5/ folder and click flash. (if media/hdd is empty try /media/usb)

Thanks, managed to do it the way grog68 explained, still confused why it didn't flash the usual way

Probably just didn't like the USB - they're funny with USB's these boxes to flash the normal way.

Back