Flashing using FTP (Apologies in Advance)

coopauto

Hi all.

Hair all pulled out, read through every thread where the freakin h2s will not flash. I have got open vix from days gone by on the box. Trying to flash openATV. Tried three sticks. The ba5tard will just not flash. Have tried removing every input device bar the usb. Used HDGURU to format and of course the file system is FAT32.

Any ideas? I am out of things to try..

Much love..

You can couch flash too.

Your storage device needs to be initialised.

FTP media/hdd and create a folder called imagebackups

Put the zip file in imagebackups folder then on box Menu, setup, Vix, Image Manager press blue to restore

Thanks for the responses. Only tried the back usb. I have also Tried Wooshbuild (Latest version). Will try the front usb now. Doh..

128mb is the stick I am currently using !!. Have tried larger

I tried flash mine mate I tried loads of usb sticks and it just wouldn’t flash so I tried the whooshbuild and that worked first attempt no problems happy days

Back to the whooshbuild, with a fourth USB stick borrowed from a neighbour, can you believe it damn well flashed. 4 USB sticks all less than 8bg..

Yeh took me days mate nearly threw it through the window it was the only build that would work for me but well pleased with it had it a week with no problems

anything less than 500mb won't work as during flashing, a swap file is created which means there's not enough room on a 500mb along with the flash files

Yep. 2gb sandisc did the trick. I am back to being a newbie here, I guess lines still exist for IPTV and such? (Humour me chaps)

Back